Engine noise help

-

Tool505

Reaction score
I have a 408 stroker backed with a 727 that is making some noise. Noise is very faint at idle in park. When put in gear at idle with the parking brake or brakes on it is the loudest. Oil pressure cold is 60 at idle and 15-20 hot at idle. Cruising is around 40-45psi. After I drive for awhile make a few hard pulls cruising is around 35psi-40psi and stays at 35-40psi wot. No weird noises driving just at idle, I have checked converter bolts and They were tight. Is there a way to upload a video?

I have a 408 stroker backed with a 727 that is making some noise. Noise is very faint at idle in park. When put in gear at idle with the parking brake or brakes on it is the loudest. Oil pressure cold is 60 at idle and 15-20 hot at idle. Cruising is around 40-45psi. After I drive for awhile make a few hard pulls cruising is around 35psi-40psi and stays at 35-40psi wot. No weird noises driving just at idle, I have checked converter bolts and They were tight. Is there a way to upload a video?
Rule of thumb for oil pressure is 10 psi for every 1000 rpm so 6000 rpm is = to 60 psi hot oil pressure.
Did you build the engine or did a engine builder do it? If so did you take it to him for his analysis?
Could be anything from a fuel pump , lifter or bearing
A bum bearing will get loader under load.

Who put the motor together? Your oil pressure is low.

-
Back