Engine off center

-

Gordon Selbig

Reaction score
I was putting my radiator in and noticed that the fan was not in the center of the core support.it looks to be 2 inches to one side.does this need to be adjusted? Thanks

The offset is built in to allow room for the transmission linkage, steering column & box.

Depending on which day of the week your car was made could have a great deal to do with what else is "within tolerance". lol. I have definitely worked on a few Monday morning cars. . lol..cheers

I was putting my radiator in and noticed that the fan was not in the center of the core support.it looks to be 2 inches to one side.does this need to be adjusted? Thanks
factory> 1 3/8" off center to the pass side/ plus or minus.

I read or heard or some crap like that, that the engines are offset on purpose to balance the car with the driver to keep it more level. If this is true, I don't know, but if so, I've seen some cars that needed a 440 mounted outside the passenger fender cause of the driver, buts a different subject.

What I was told was the angle of the engine was to keep the pinion angle correct no matter the load in the rear of the car. And the front "U" joint...as well.

-
Back