Engine performance tips.

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
Looking for tips to squeeze the most out of my 360. Stock rotating assembly, air gap, holley 650, purple cam, roller rockers, just trying to get every pony i can out of it, waiting on headers until i can afford TTI. Going to add K&N and cut-outs to help it breathe a little better now though. anything else guys?

Buy a LM-1 and tune the hell out of it. I see no mention of any heads or head work either. And it'll only work as well as the cam> gears > converter work together.

j heads, planning on getting them pocket ported and a valve back cut too when i get some more cash.

If funds are tight, I'd just buy a generic set of headers. There won't be much, if any difference in HP between them. Run as much timing as you can without pinging.

UPDATE-
stock internals-8.5:1 compression
sold roller rockers, picked up headers
bought 2400 stall, small, but it was cheap
buying 3.55 gears
msd ignition in the future

now the question
what should i set the timing at?

start safe with 35* total timing. use as much initial witout starter load. my msd distributor i put the 18* bushing in to have 17* initial and 35* total. you also set the springs to how fast/slow the timing comes in.

Can you/do you have a mig welder?
What are cutouts? Or Where are they?

On your exhaust, a 2-1/2 inch pipe would be what you want. An "H" pipe to splice in is worth the under $40 price tag. If you could aford an "X", go for it.

A , MSD ignition would really help low end power and make the most of it driving down the road.

What size cam?

-
Back