engine squeeling noise

-
nope. i guess the trucks that came with poly 318's and 4 speeds didnt have balancers. instead it has a really deep crankshaft pulley. wierd huh?

I am curious...if you don't have a harmonic balancer on it, how is the pulley attached to the crankshaft? I would like to see a pic of that.

I am curious...if you don't have a harmonic balancer on it, how is the pulley attached to the crankshaft? I would like to see a pic of that.

here you go. im glad i have something strange that someone hasnt seen before.

Attachments

• P8070733.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 85
  • P8070734.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 85
  • P8070735.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 88
i will snap a pic of it when i go outside later.

WOW!
That is weird! I had never seen anything like that until now. I remember a classmate in high school had a '65 318 Y-block in a Satellite but because I had my new Swinger 340 back then, I wasn't interested in his motor! Thanks for the pics. :hello2:

Really sorry to hear about that brg failure, but glad you found it before catastrophic failure. Way cool that you had that way out configuration. Is that a rubber elastomer between the inner hub and pulley? Just curious.

well i just wanted to post an update. today i put a new bearing in, and threw the transmission in. fired the truck up, 75 psi of oil pressure and no squeal. once it warmed up it had 65 psi idling at a light. i took it down to the gas station and cruised it around the block a few times to make sure it got nice and warm. looks like this poly has a little more life left in her. woohoo! :cheers:

-
Back