engine swap problems

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
From what I was told I have a 73 and up v8 k frame. Pic it kinds bad but is that right? I got the schumacher mounts and for some reason the drivers side mount is inch/inch and half longer. Can I just use the mounts or it there mods that need to be done to the drive way perch? From what i thought only the slant k frame needed mods :/ :coffee2:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 377
It does look like it is 73 and up. What engine are you putting in? Small block should mount up with regular mounts from any auto store.

cannot really decipher your code. a spool mounted v-8 k with have the mounts roughly the same height-- whereas a slant will have a longer mount on 1 side. as for the schumacher kit --match up the part # with their site to confirm the correct parts.

the picture shows a v-8 spool type k , Lawrence

Attachments

• hang10 044 (Large) (2).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 329
so I have a v-8 k frame and the v-8 to rb mount. It doesnt make since why the drivers side mount is longer so it makes motor cocked to the side. is there mods that need to be done to drivers side k-frame?

You need to read the instructions. The mounts you have require that you shorten the driver side saddle and drill a new hole. This is for oil pump clearance. Chrysler solved this by building the Direct Connection K-member where they cut the saddles and moved them back. Instructions for doing this yourself can be found here:

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml

and here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnaM_jHLi08&list=UUqvjc-8llEE-JKNFYw30-NQ&feature=share&index=5"]DC K-member 04 part one a.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G594IRGPtAw&list=UUqvjc-8llEE-JKNFYw30-NQ&feature=share&index=4"]DC K-member 04 part two.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Just do like me and install late 70s cbody mounts and that's all!!!! They can be bought at autozone.

Hows that? I have a 73 dart sport im putting 440 in.im gonna run hooker 5205 and possibly a motorplate whatever is cheaper.

If you just use the C-body mounts on the saddles in the small block location the motor will be too far forward and slightly crooked. If it were that easy then Chrysler would not have made the Direct Connection K-member...

Do yourself a favor and look at the links I provided. I've been at this since the late 1980s...

If you just use the C-body mounts on the saddles in the small block location the motor will be too far forward and slightly crooked. If it were that easy then Chrysler would not have made the Direct Connection K-member...

Do yourself a favor and look at the links I provided. I've been at this since the late 1980s...

Horse, water, lead, drink. Same deal.

Thats how my motor was... I have a 72 duster with 73 k member and it had c-body mounts before I rebuilt the 400b motor.

I will have to run to the shop this evening and report accordling, when I purchased the car the motor was already installed. Maybe to previous owner did the following?

I dont recall my mounts being staggered like yours...

You are correct my engine mounts were move rearward by the previous owner, same as the direct connect.

-
Back