Engine swap

-

Daytona

Reaction score
I am new to this site- I look forward it!
I have had Mopars for the last 40 years, all small & big block cars. I have been asked to swap a small block for the stock slant 6 in a 75 Dart for a friend.
I know I will need to get a different auto trans because of the bellhousing mounting pattern.
My question is this: Will I need to replace the "K-member" or just the motor mounts?
Any other needed info on the subject would be great.
This looks like a great forum!!

theres alot you'll need to get. schumacher swap kit which will allow you to use the slant six k member, 8 1/4 rear or 8 3/4 or a dana 60, throttle cable, kick down cable, 727 or 904 trans for small block, shorten the drive shaft to what trans u have, small block radiator, recommend to swap 9 inch front drums to 10 inch or disk brakes, that pretty much covers just the basics

you don't *have* to do anything to the suspension. 2 years running strong with my v8 , 7 1/4 and drum brakes. you don't need a throttle cable , all the wiring is plug and play with a compatible distributor. if you use a 727 you will have to shorten the shaft 4 " otherwise it will work with your v8 904. its not a major deal at all. you can use your trans mount as well. I even ran my 318 with the slant radiator for a while and it worked just fine. you will need to figure out an exhaust. I just use headers.

I just did the whole deal

Thanks for all the information. I have told him about all the changes that will need to be done-now he has to decide if he still wants me to do it or not.

Thanks again,
Daytona

Just mounts, same K-member - and a steering link, and...

The steering link between a v8 and a six is the same part unless you have a 64-66 A body.

-
Back