Engine Weights

-

dodgeboy413

Reaction score
Anyone know the weight of the different Mopar engines.MOPAR OR NO CAR.

Thanx.I will check out that site.64 Signet soon to be 383 bblock,63Valiant 200 4 door /6 auto,65 Valiant 2 door post /6 3 on the tree.

I've heard that a 426 style hemi with aluminum heads, water pump & housing and headers is less than 20 lbs. heavier than an all cast iron small-block with cast iron exhaust manifolds..........

I know it sucks to lift a small block short block on and off a pick up with only one other person...twice! LOL!

Thrashard340 said:
I know it sucks to lift a small block short block on and off a pick up with only one other person...twice! LOL!
YEP! You ain't kidding. In my younger days I could do it. Not no more. It can sit there.

HemiDenny said:
I've heard that a 426 style hemi with aluminum heads, water pump & housing and headers is less than 20 lbs. heavier than an all cast iron small-block with cast iron exhaust manifolds..........

So a 383 with the same should be way lighter than small block :headbang:

Haha... I agree with you Thrashard340. I had to lift a small block chevy 305 engine out of a trunk and carry it up 20 some steps... never again and I am only 17 haha.

i thought i read somewhere the new 5.7 and 6.1 style hemis are 485lbs. :toothy7:

I also read that they are lighter than the small blocks. I think that weight sounds about right.

i believe the new hemis weight is only about 10-15lbs more then the slant six i had in my car. not a bad swap, 15 lbs for 350-425 hp.

-
Back