Engine won't cool off!!

-
Everyone has there experiences. I've found that a shroud can make a difference when the hood is up or down. No shroud and hood up, engine runs hotter than with the hood down.
Back in the late 80s a lot of owners would remove the thermostat from the 302 in F150 before comming to the dealer for trade. The Oil gauge would show plenty of pressure but you would wait forever on heat. Put a thermostat in and it would warm right up but loose oil pressure.
The reason most mfgrs went to 195 or hotter thermostats had a lot to do with oil also.
When oil meets cooler sheet metal or cast aluminum valve covers the parafin in it would set up like black candle wax all over everything under there.
Does any of this apply to this thread ? Probably not.
So about this thread... If without a thermostat you have temperature cycling up and down you have building heat/pressure that dumps at the radiater cap creating that cycle. My guess is a blown head gasket.

Make sure your lower rad hose is not collapsing .
Use 50/50 coolant . Altitude will also have effect on boiling points. 212 degrees F is the boiling point of water at sea level and will decrees the higher you get above sea level.
Coolant helps stabilize it.
I'm sure you're using coolant/ antifreeze in MD.

-
Back