Enjoy your car now

-
I talked to Bob over the summer, he's getting quite senile in his old age!! And, for a car guy, he sure lets his cars sit and rot in less than adequate conditions!! He had a fire in the guest house where 12 of his cars were stored, they did not fare well and have been moved to the barn, where there is no power, heat, and after his divorce, nobody taking care of them!!

On another note, does anyone actually drive thier old stuff anymore or is it just to the Saturday morning cruise in? I feel like the lone wolf 99.9% of the time out there. Only time I see other stuff is nice Saturdays & Sundays.

Every day, every time I go anywhere it's in a classic and wouldn't have it any other way.
Just think of how fun it's going to be finding out how bad we can mess with the driverless cars.:D
Like tire smoke for example, will the new car just sit there because it can't see?

On another note, does anyone actually drive thier old stuff anymore or is it just to the Saturday morning cruise in? I feel like the lone wolf 99.9% of the time out there. Only time I see other stuff is nice Saturdays & Sundays.
I bet that 98% of our old Mopars that are capable of going down the road are only occasional weekend warriors. Before I retired I drove anywhere from 35 mi one way to work I have drive 60 mi one way every day in an old dart sport!!!! AHhhh living in the country!!!

Millilenials?????( spelling?)....my grandson turned 17. I promised him an 80 something 1/2 t. Ram, slant with A833OD I picked up.... just needed a new slave cylinder. it drove , ran great. He was worried about learning to drive a stick???? Ha... so I sold it and gave him the $700 I had in it. I figured he really did not want to drive around college campus in it. He could have sold it for twice that, BUT.....He gets an old Nissan something with auto!!!!! ha again!!!

If driving ever actually goes away, I see myself going to the grocery riding one horse and leading a packhorse or two.

I bet that 98% of our old Mopars that are capable of going down the road are only occasional weekend warriors. Before I retired I drove anywhere from 35 mi one way to work I have drive 60 mi one way every day in an old dart sport!!!! AHhhh living in the country!!!

Millilenials?????( spelling?)....my grandson turned 17. I promised him an 80 something 1/2 t. Ram, slant with A833OD I picked up.... just needed a new slave cylinder. it drove , ran great. He was worried about learning to drive a stick???? Ha... so I sold it and gave him the $700 I had in it. I figured he really did not want to drive around college campus in it. He could have sold it for twice that, BUT.....He gets an old Nissan something with auto!!!!! ha again!!!

If driving ever actually goes away, I see myself going to the grocery riding one horse and leading a packhorse or two.

Yea....if you can't spell melleniael your pretty old!! LOL!!!!!!:rofl:

Treblig

So if the autonomous cars are going down the highway at 130 MPH and the one in the lead has a blowout won't there still be a pile up?? Normal humans can see way ahead and can avoid accidents by looking where a computer doesn't see...it's called anticipation??

Treblig

What about an animal crossing the road - like a deer... Can it handle that???

Or a big chuck of semi tire laying in your front tires' path at 75 MPH?? Will the autonomous system straddle it (if it's not too big), gently swerve onto the shoulder to avoid the tire (if there's another car next to you in the other lane) or slam on the brakes causing you to get rear ended?? Sometimes it takes the human brain and common sense to decide what is best in a dangerous situation!!

Treblig

Last edited:
Tum, tum tum tum.."My Maserati does 185, I lost my license...now I don't drive"

treblig

It ain't gonna happen.
Not in my life time or for at least 50 years after that, if ever.
Even Rorge Retson drove his U.F.O. looking car well into the future, there's proof right there...........

I will drive my "Red Barchetta" / Red Barracuda....

Live:

with lyrics:

Actually live video over the studio recording, which just proves how stupid badass those guys were that many years after recording the album, other than small changes
and embellishments & a lack of venue ambiance You almost can't tell that's not the live cut watching note for note!!

I talked to Bob over the summer, he's getting quite senile in his old age!! And, for a car guy, he sure lets his cars sit and rot in less than adequate conditions!! He had a fire in the guest house where 12 of his cars were stored, they did not fare well and have been moved to the barn, where there is no power, heat, and after his divorce, nobody taking care of them!!
That's unfortunate to hear, hope He is getting some care for Himself! If You talk again, be sure to let Him know there are a lot of Mopar fans that appreciate the many good
things He brought about in the Company, lots of projects would never have came to reality w/o the support of Folks like Him.

That's unfortunate to hear, hope He is getting some care for Himself! If You talk again, be sure to let Him know there are a lot of Mopar fans that appreciate the many good
things He brought about in the Company, lots of projects would never have came to reality w/o the support of Folks like Him.

I'll tell him you said that!! First thing I always ask him is "where's the Superbird"?? He cares little for muscle cars, except for his 2 Vipers, which are in the garage at the main house! He doesn't drive much, if at all anymore, but he does have a lot of older cars! He gave my buddy an old Kaiser Traveller that he was having restored, but it was one of those body shop horror stories, and it's still in primer! He has little time, and less patience for anything that doesn't go his way the first time!! He's 86, and has no time for old cars anymore!! He is always on the go tho, and always on the phone making deals that we probably couldn't even fathom!!

It can, in many case it handle better than 50% of human drivers. It will apply brake and might be turn sideway to minimize the damage. And if too close, it might rather hit the deer to keep next vehicle safety. All depend to distance, mass and velocity of the deer and objects around at the moment. It will use the best option that has been programmed on the control unit.

If all vehicles are selfdriving - according to the above article, that shouldn't be hard at all, a piece of cake to many engineers, every car will get data from other cars without having to make a selection (best option). And if that (all transportation are selfdriving vehicles) is true, I don't know why a delusioner Elon s.p Musk keep yapping about his production. If all cars are autonomous, it is easy, and boring.

The weakness of selfdriving cars is it vulnerable to hacking, system error. Its not fun.

Last edited:
But will it know to kill the lights when encountering a deer at night?

This sounds like something I would have read in a Popular Mechanics from the 40s or 50s!

This came from the same guy that told America that selling Chrysler to Daimler was a great idea! So.............

But will it know to kill the lights when encountering a deer at night?
It do anything that's been programmed for.

I dont know what exactly you mean, but if kill the light when encounter a deer at night will make the deer run other way(??), than the pseudocode like follow:

-We entering West Virginia, this place well know for 1st deer, 2nd cougar, 3rd chicken, 4th monkey cross the highway. -Get library WV9.lib (which save deer data at first and monkey at last)
If there's objects at 500 feet ahead, take pictures of it.
Compare this photo to file1 in WV9.lib,
If it identical proportionally: slow down to 25mph, turn light off.Waiting for command
If it is not, compare to flie2
If its identical proportionally: speed up to 75, turn horn on for 3sec.
If it is not, compare to file3
If its identical proportionally: do nothing, alarm to driver: those chickens are quick
If it is not, compare to file4
If its identical proportionally: do nothing, alarm to driver: there monkey ahead, but we safe.
If its not: Slow down to 0mph in 9sec, alarm the driver, open the tray and hand the driver the gun. We have UFO ahead.
Other wises, just do what you programmed for.

I wonder what sort of pods will be moving freight around the country and delivering all of the Amazon orders...???

Yea....if you can't spell melleniael your pretty old ! -------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^^^------------------------------------------------------
/QUOTE]

-
Back