Epoxy DONE---with LVLP gun

-

Roadart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally got everything right (dont ask) epoxy came out good.First time using a spray gun.Had about 45psi at the gun. A real learning experience.

The gun came from summit(no name) tip is 1.7,epoxy primer is nason(brand)#491-10,activator#483-01. The results are far less than perfect,have not given a GOOD look all over yet.

The gun came from summit(no name) tip is 1.7,epoxsy primer is nason(brand)#491-10,activator#483-01. The results are far less than perfect,have not given a GOOD look all over yet.
1.7 is a good top for epoxy primer. Don't worry too much about perfect results. Primer was meant to be sanded smooth. If you are new at spraying with a spray gun, Epoxy primer is a great paint to practice with. The secrets to spraying learning how to adjust the gun (which will result in a good spray pattern), using the right amount of pressure, and proper spraying technique. If you have a lot of paint coming out, it is easy to get runs unless you are moving fast. That may be OK for an experienced painter, but really tough for a new guy. Or you can have the pattern and paint volume perfect but be moving too slowly. Bottom line is that it takes practice. epoxy primer is easily sanded smooth with 220/320 grit dry paper on a sanding block. Sand with easy pressure. all you want to do is smooth out any runs or rough spots. To not sand through the primer.

I got a few runs. I will sand in a few days. I did learn that body and paint are NOT fun(at least it wasnt for me). If you dont try it you dont really know.

I got a few runs. I will sand in a few days. I did learn that body and paint are NOT fun(at least it wasnt for me). If you dont try it you dont really know.
The only actual training I got was someone showing me how to adjust the gun. EVERYTHING else I learned was by reading, watching TV shows, and doing it wrong lots of times over the past 45 years or so. Nowadays there is a bunch of really good stuff on YouTube. You can do it with practice. I did not used to like body work, but now I would rather do rust repair and body work than just about anything. When you are done and it looks good, it is very satisfying.

-
Back