Eric Weingartner Trick Flow Intake

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I emailed Eric Weingartner about purchasing a small block Trick Flow intake, have him flow test it & do a video on it so the Mopar community will have the data. I'm about 30 mins away from Summit Racing in McDonough, Georgia so I could just run down & pick one up as it's in stock. He emailed me back to say he doesn't flow intakes separately. I offered to send in one of my Trick Flow heads to flow with it. He stated it's very difficult to do unless the intake is "pinned" to the head. Does anyone know exactly what that means?

Using a dowel pin to locate the head and the intake in place. I've raced for over 40 years and I've never pinned an intake to a head. I call BS.

Tom

It's done to provide "repeatability" as you have the intake on and off a hundred times during the process. If the intake isn't put back to the exact same location between tests, it skews the numbers.

TrickFlow in my eyes messed up bigtime on the small block Mopar intake manifold. What looks like a great idea to someone installing one really screws up the head porter. They elongated every single bolt hole on that intake so if you are bolting it to a single head on a flowbench you can move it up or down on the runner at least 3/16-1/4 inch.

TrickFlow in my eyes messed up bigtime on the small block Mopar intake manifold. What looks like a great idea to someone installing one really screws up the head porter. They elongated every single bolt hole on that intake so if you are bolting it to a single head on a flowbench you can move it up or down on the runner at least 3/16-1/4 inch.
Now you know why it needs to be pinned(dowel pinned).

Do you have any additional feedback on which
performs better, the Victor or Super Victor 340 in a
drag race application.

I will .do back to back Testing on a 340 engine and a 418 small
block but it will be next year as we are slammed racing every week
to late November.

Do you have any additional feedback on which
performs better, the Victor or Super Victor 340 in a
drag race application.

I will .do back to back Testing on a 340 engine and a 418 small
block but it will be next year as we are slammed racing every week
to late November.

If you are asking me I love them both. Ported they both will support over 650 horsepower.

Hate to say it, but their heads ain't that great, out of the box, either. I'm sure you know that though. You could spend a day on OOTB Eddy's and they'd kill the TF's

For the ridiculous price, they should be waaaaay better!

I ain't guessing either!

Hate to say it, but their heads ain't that great, out of the box, either. I'm sure you know that though. You could spend a day on OOTB Eddy's and they'd kill the TF's

For the ridiculous price, they should be waaaaay better!

I ain't guessing either!

The TrickFlow head is a great head for the guys that want to bolt a head on right out of the box. I wouldn’t do it but many do and it’s probably one of the safer heads to do so if you are a “dice roller. They are also great for a guy satisfied with running 10.50’s-11.50’s and just picking up a phone and doing so. But yes a Speedmaster, ProMax, or Edelbrock head can be made to go a lot faster. I keep hearing rumors of another racier head by a well know head producer but I’ll be tight lipped on that for now.

Dumb question: are any of these aluminum aftermarket heads better for street use over the others? I.e. more street manners?

Dumb question: are any of these aluminum aftermarket heads better for street use over the others? I.e. more street manners?
Either new Edelbrock or, of course, the Trick Flow. For a street type motor I think I'd feel safe bolting on the TF's and go. ALWAYS have a machine shop check the Eddy's. I heard they can be a bit......out of whack.

-
Back