Ever Modify your linkage?

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to modify their transmission linkage?

I cannot get my 904 into 1/low as the linkage is interfiered with by the reverse/Neutral sensor plug thingy?

I have a 66 barracuda with a 360/904 with a console shifter (Stock)

Robb I've never seen them hit there before. When you remove the neutral switch connector does it clear the switch prongs ok? If so can you turn the connector upside down from what it is now and get more clearance? The internals of the switch are wired so it doesn't matter which way the plug is on. I'm assuming your using the newer 3 prong switch, right?

that square thingy on the end of the kickdown rod goes on the top of the trans pressure lever. mine interfered with the shift lever until i figured it out. plus you can bend the pressure lever up a little to clear the neutral plug.

Now that I've figured out how to post pix, see if this helps. It's a 904 console shift behind a 340 in a 72 Demon.

From that photo angle it appears you are missing a short piece of linkage. The fiinal stick between the lever and the adjusting block. The 904 wont use all of it but it is long enough to acomodate the 727 too. I've had to make that piece.

From that photo angle it appears you are missing a short piece of linkage. The fiinal stick between the lever and the adjusting block. The 904 wont use all of it but it is long enough to acomodate the 727 too. I've had to make that piece.

Any chance of a pic RedFish? The car is not on the road yet and I'm sure there will be a bunch of bugs to work thru. A jump on the bugs is always welcome.

Only examples I have a currently under the cars. If someone doesn't chime in with help soon ... I'm not beyond putting forth an effort.

Thank you RedFish for the pic. Still don't quite see the linkage piece you are referring to as missing. The Demon shifts fine on the jack stands......:scratch:...LOL

attachment.php

follow the line just above the 2 boxes with the printing in them. try flipping the rod and the square thingy upside down to help clear the plug.

bOb, are you talking to me or the original poster RobbAdams ?

Ok Maybe those are the correct pieces, just wrong arangement. Sorry about the cofusion. Happy moparing

go and spend the money and go manual valve body and u can throw that sh*t away no linkage just trottle cable....

-
Back