Ever see a ghost?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
I'm watching "Ghost Hunters" on the SyFy channel right now. They have had this show on TV for several years and I have watched many of their episodes. However, after all the years and all the locations they have visited, I have still not seen many instances of what I would call "proof positive" of ghosts.

Any of you ever see with your own eyes what you would call a ghost or maybe an object moved by a ghost?

yea i have a movie... think its called casper? haha just kidding! totally want to tho! ever watch X files? best show ever

These were posted by me on DC.com in regards to believing in ghosts. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24430.40.html

1. Well, the worst experience was when I lived in Idaho. I was living in a house that had a reputation of being a drug house and I was a not so good person at the time. I decided that I wanted to clean up and started reading scriptures every morning and night. I was really feeling good. I felt like I believed in something again, so much so that I quit smoking, drinking, and all of the other stuff. I felt I was well on my way to cleaning up. One night I was in the house in my room and no one else was there. I was on my knees reading the scriptures and doing just fine when my door knob started shaking. I figured it must just be Colby playing a joke and I opened the door and no one was there, I thought it was weird but continued to read. Then it started again, I grabbed the knob as it was shaking and opened the door and there was nothing there. Then I got this ..... very unwelcoming dark feeling. I jumped in my bed, the door started doing it again and something else grabbed my arm and through it against the door just as it flung open. My arm hitting the door slammed it back shut. I sit there and prayed that it would go away and it did, but it scared the hell out of me. I have never been able to read the holy writ faithfully since as I am afraid that the demon will come back. I was not on drugs or anything at this time and there was NO explanation of what could have caused it. It wasn't windy or anything. Coincidentally, last year I had the same feeling, just not as strong. The next morning I got a call from Colby telling me that the house had burnt down.

I will swear on my life that everything I just told you is 100% true. I even spoke with a counselor and a religious leader about it because it had been bothering me so much.

If you don't want to believe, that's fine, don't. Criticize the story but please respect God and my religion and don't make and religious or God remarks.

2.Also, we have a house in the family that has been since it was built in the late 1800's. In the 80's, my aunt still lived there but was starting to go crazy. She had "guests" all the time. Some of my family even have recordings. Anyone that has ever lived in the house or been in it for very long at all have felt, seen, or heard something. I lived there as a child for a little wile, I don't remember it. But my Dad has a few stories. They had a cookoo clock that would wind itself. My Dad was walking down the stairs and someone called his name. It was so vivid that he answered back and then realized that there was no one else up there. My Aunt Telsy was looking for a national geographic one day and heard Lila (the old aunt) talking to a guy, Telsy even heard the guy. Then realized that she hadn't heard the door shut and got up to walk out and saw Lila looking up (she was sitting down) like she was talking to a guy and then she turned to Telsy and asked if she found what she needed. There were always things going on in that house. I have some relatives that will not go in the house even still and Lila passed in the early 90's. Since then there has been very little paranormal stuff in there. I have had other things too. But this is enough for now.

3. I'll tell another personal story.

While I lived in Idaho Falls, I worked at a Hotel. I was the weekend night audit. One night I was working and a tree in the foyer kept moving. All the others were perfectly still. I figured it was nothing but the heater blowing on it. After a wile, it started shaking even more violently. So I walked over to it and there was no air current at all. There was no reason for it to shake. As I walked away, it just stopped. It kind of bothered me, but it was no big deal. The next night as I was working, the lights were on in the convention room. I walked back there, made sure no one was back there and shut the lights off. As I left, I shut and locked the door. About an hour later, I was walking around doing one of my hourly inspections and noticed from across the way that the lights were on again. I was kind of pissed because I figured someone must have got back there. So I go back in to shut the lights off. I yell to see if anyone answers and no one does. I walk into the closet to shut the lights off. When I walk in there, there was a guy standing there staring at me. I ran out of there faster than a marathon runner. I sit at the desk the rest of the night and didn't move. In the morning when the manager came to take over, I told her what had happened. She kind of chuckled and said it happens to all the night audits.

That Hotel was built in the 60's. I was told that any crime that can be committed, had been committed in that building. There was record of several murders there.

I have heard a few stories told that make me suspect there could be ghosts. Ill type one out in the morning when my batt isn't almost dead.

i my self don,t beleave but a friend said when after he was in a wreck fliped a four wheeler. after wakeing up at hospital he had seen and talk to his dead mom and dad. he was rearly shook up abount it. my other friend that has lost both his mom and dad too, i asked him if he had seen or heard from his mom or dad he said hell no they are both dead. als

I love anything to do with the Paranormal. I'll watch just about anything on it.

Theres a few other shows on also. Paranormal State on A&E and Ghost Adventures on The Travel Channel.

I was in the back set riding down a gravel road in a wooded area back in the late 70es and looked out the back window and seen something that looked like a monkey running behind the car with his hand on the back of the trunk
I was in Bono Arkansas, I gives me chills just thinking about it.

I see Native Spirits walking around this area quite frequently. We live on an old village site. I believe some folks can see them and some cant.
Frank

...looked like a monkey running behind the car...
Sounds like you may have been partaking of a little Ozark stump water at the time.
icon10.gif

Seriously, some folks believe in "spirits from beyond", others don't. I'm not saying which is right and which is wrong, I just haven't had a firsthand experience to convince me either way. It always seems like the "paranormal events" on these TV shows still are not absolutely definitive. No one can ever get a good clear photo, a sharp video, or a crisp recording.

And another thing... why turn out the lights to do your investigation? It just makes it harder to see something happening or to take a photo. The people giving them examples of stuff they have seen in their hotel, house, battleship, etc. don't typically say, "Oh, yeah, it was pitch black when I saw the shadow." Duhhh...

Same goes for UFOs - never a close-up and clear photo, but that's another issue.

Jerry

I was in the back set riding down a gravel road in a wooded area back in the late 70es and looked out the back window and seen something that looked like a monkey running behind the car with his hand on the back of the trunk
I was in Bono Arkansas, I gives me chills just thinking about it.

That was just Adams avatar memike. lol :toothy5:

Sounds like you may have been partaking of a little Ozark stump water at the time.
icon10.gif

Seriously, some folks believe in "spirits from beyond", others don't. I'm not saying which is right and which is wrong, I just haven't had a firsthand experience to convince me either way. It always seems like the "paranormal events" on these TV shows still are not absolutely definitive. No one can ever get a good clear photo, a sharp video, or a crisp recording.

And another thing... why turn out the lights to do your investigation? It just makes it harder to see something happening or to take a photo. The people giving them examples of stuff they have seen in their hotel, house, battleship, etc. don't typically say, "Oh, yeah, it was pitch black when I saw the shadow." Duhhh...

Same goes for UFOs - never a close-up and clear photo, but that's another issue.

Jerry
Stump water and mother natures herbs :p

That was just Adams avatar memike. lol :toothy5:
Know that you mention that, It did look like his avatar :tongue3:

I have never seen any thing personally so I am still skeptical. I have not seen space aliens, big foot, or the loch ness monster either. But I will let you know if I do.

They are real to us here, we lost 2 daugthers in the same year and ever since we can't keep thier pictures on the wall. Everytime the grandkids have a serious problem thier pictures start falling off the wall. They also pinch me and the wife in the side. Her younger daugther used to do that to us for fun all the time. Just 2 weeks ago I was on the laptop and went over to get my printer and Bamm I got pinced hard on the side and I wheeled hard instinctively hollering "ouch Babe" Thinking my wife did it but she was outside! That was about the 6th time that had happened to me. I think Tammy(lost daugther) gets a kick out of it.

i like that show alot. watch it every chance i get. my episode woould have to be the only one that really gives proof of ghosts and that is the one they did in some light house in florida i believe. its an insane episode only jay and grant and one camera man where in the tower and you could clearly see this black mass look over the railiing and down at them and her this chattering conversation then a girl faintly yell help me and they started taking off to the top of the light house tower to catch what evers up there and ran into two doors master locked from the inside so nothing could have gotten outside and then locked the doors and they never found a person or anything the mass and source of the voices just dissappeared

I really would like to see this thread get rowdy.

Closest thing to a ghost story I have happened two years ago. I was crashing in a friends basement with two other friends that lived there. One friend was on the phone with his women in the other room and they kept getting interference so he hung up. Apparently she said someone else got on the line so he came out to tell us about it. We kept hearing strange noises but didn't pay much attention to them. About fifteen minutes later we turned off the lights to go to bed. I put my pocket knife on the arm rest of the couch I was sleeping on next to my wallet. As soon as I got real comfortable we heard a LOUD bang. It sounded like someone hit the floor above us with a sledge. We all jumped up and turned on the lights. My knife somehow managed to go about ten feet and open itself up. One of my friends moved out of the house the next day.

That same house also has two rooms in the basement that are not beneath the house that were sealed off from the rest of the house with a small tunnel going underground into an open field. We assumed it was a bomb shelter but it is pretty spooky.

-
Back