Ever see a Zipper Spider?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I found this guy set up shop in my recycle bin outside.

I think it was the first time I ever saw one and had to snap a couple pics.

I looked on the web to find out more about them and compared to the pics I saw on the web, this little guy had a pretty impressive looking web.

100_4220-1.jpg

we call them garden spiders here in georgia i used to throw grass hoppers in there webs really neat too watch
Terry

well at first the spider must have been tickling the crap out of the grasshopper as he was flailing all over the place the he must have gottin bored with it cause the spider put him in a sleepin bag

well at first the spider must have been tickling the crap out of the grasshopper as he was flailing all over the place the he must have gottin bored with it cause the spider put him in a sleepin bag

And gave him a little good night kiss?

Those spiders are awesome. I had one on my porch we used to feed it every weekend for the whole summer. It got to size of palm of hand. It decided to have babies and it died.

they call them writing spiders here. Had one make a web in the center of my screen door last summer. i wouldnt leave till it was gone!! they're very pretty but my fear of spiders runs deep!! :cry:

Two things I Dread...Spiders, and paint overspray.

Those damn things get BIG. We used to joke that they had to double weave the center of the web so it could support their weight! Got chills just thinking about it.

I was just hoping this wasn't a trap to get people to look at a pic of your wang... LOL

,Cliff

Seen them a lot; Down here in North Fl, we have them, and what we call banana spiders- as big as your hand. they will stretch a web 6 feet plus. Hunting, walking through the bushes, you are looking down, for the rattlers; all of the sudden, your face is in a web,very sticky, with a spider from hell in it. The spider runs faster than you.
A bud stepped over a log ( a no no) and ran face first into a web, backed up fast. then that 6' 2" rattlesnake behind the log bit him. Luckily, not much venom. I get them in my back yard every couple of years, they run from humans.

they call them writing spiders here. Had one make a web in the center of my screen door last summer. i wouldnt leave till it was gone!! they're very pretty but my fear of spiders runs deep!! :cry:

also call them writing spider here in ararat nc:> havent seen one in years though8)

Working on the suspension tonight and this guy shows up:
IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg
[
IMG_3028.jpg

Grandkids call it a rhino beetle....whatever it is, its fugly and was kicked to the curb once the pics were taken.

-
Back