ever wonder what's inside an MSD-6A ignition box?

-
My head hurts after looking at it........ :drunken:

Thanks ( I think....) for the info :wink:

Thats exactly what I thought was inside of them. A whole lot of stuff that I dont understand.

:eek:ops: Sorry if that was too technical. :-k

So forget that first link. This is what's really in there...
Hamster%2520Wheel.gif

:poke:

I just thought it was a light switch with a midget inside with quick hands. Guess I would of lost that bet.

Why did I think some freak cut an MSD-6A open with a hack saw and took a picture of it. I never figured there wouldn't even be pictures! That was almost as boring as a tax audit.

now i understand how it works that is just as clear as when i opened my old msd 6A that decided to stop firing....

Had I known what you posted, I'd have fix the damn things myslef instead of sending it away to those nud-nicks that screwed it up over and over again.

I can read that. It's easy. Just a quick scan I did. Din't notice values on the schem. and didn't read the text.
Values would be the winner and end all.

(Evil giggles) Now, I can build my own!

Rumble, yes the schematic has component values and reference designators. Plus there is also a Bill of Materials.

Syleng, supposedly there are pictures available if you contact the author of the tech paper.

If anyone has a dead MSD box I'd love to have it to experiment with.

GotDart said:
Rumble, yes the schematic has component values and reference designators. Plus there is also a Bill of Materials.

Syleng, supposedly there are pictures available if you contact the author of the tech paper.

If anyone has a dead MSD box I'd love to have it to experiment with.

i have one but i gues it would not bee worth it considering the cost to ship it to you, but if you would have been closer i would happily have given that MSD 6A box to you!

Ha ha ha haLOL, guess what just took a dump on me today?

My MSD 6 box. I'm not sending it back for the 3rd time. Orange box in a pinch hook up!

-
Back