Everybody wants me to buy the service manual.

-

garyfish340

Reaction score
When installing a 5.7, or 6.1 hemi, almost all of the wiring related to the any previous engine becomes obsolete. What you end up doing is removing the the ecu, and it's wires, The wire to the alternator needs to be up graded, ( 138 amp alternator. The voltage regulator circuit is reconfigured. Then ballast resistor, and circuit get trashed. The emissions circuits become useless. Most of the time because the car get so far away from being factory correct, I just take the time to upgrade the headlight circuit to a system that runs more powerful headlights via 2 relays.
The most concerning parts become components that share the engine area. Windshield wiper motor, windshield wash, Blowner motor, brake warning light, neutral safety system. In my case the wires for the idiot lights, and gauges. and choke. ( before I removed the slant six, I tagged all the components. There was an EGR controller, and a throttle speed controller, those circuits are now gone too.
The issue starts like this. When I bought the car ( 75 Duster-automatic.) All the air conditioning components were in a box in the trunk, but I'm guessing the wiring was left under the hood. So as I was finishing my gen 3 hemi wiring harness. I ended up with a few wires that were not familiar. One parts was kindly I.D.'d by some very helpful people here at FABO. The last thing has stymied me though. It's simply a brown plug inside are two male spades, they are in the configuration of a T when you look down the plug. One wire is light green no trace ( limelight almost ) the other ( I'm guessing the ground ) is black. It's right above the drivers side shock tower, and doesn't seem to be part of the 3 bulkhead connectors going through the firewall. I could remove the tape going all the way back to the firewall if anybody wishes to give this puzzle a shot. On my wiring schematics, the only LT Green wires show are on the dashboard side of the firewall. The other mystery is the seat belt interlock, to which I plan to solder the yellow coming from the firewall to the yellow leaving it going to the starter relay, and than remove the rest of the wire from the engine bay. Eventually I'll remove the interlock system from beneath the dash, and seats also. Once these to circuits are finished, I'll have to publish a new service manual for Gen III engines.

Attachments

• 10430477_791662667563574_6568265988699291032_n.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 131
-
Back