Everyone likes new toys, don't they?

-

65_valiant

Reaction score
Everyone likes a new toy, right?
Just picked this up today. Starting to go through it a bit to see what needs what.
Here are a few details;
1996 Silverado
Chevy BB swap. Was told it was a 4xx cube crate, its not and i didnt expect it to be.
Th350 trans, probably not the best condition behind the BB.
Peg leg 4.11.... REALLY?!
Needs rockers adjusted and minor this and that, but seems to be all here. Interior isnt perfect and wiring wtf's are apparent.
Nothing that is going to make me sit forever and scratch my head over.

20170311_125027.jpg

20170311_125120.jpg

20170311_125038.jpg

WTH is up with that bench? Wife had a 96 GMC Suburban w/350 and 4L80 trans, said it was her favorite car of them all. Smooth, quiet and loaded for war. Sold it after paint started checking and rear heater core went out.

I'm surprised the body doesn't have dents all over it.... given how big that aftermarket tachometer is, he must have been very far sighted.

I'm surprised the body doesn't have dents all over it.... given how big that aftermarket tachometer is, he must have been very far sighted.
I like the 88-92 chevy short wides my self. I built an old school 406 sbc and put in one. was a street truck that ran hi elevens, and had a 1.50 60 foot. waxed my buddies store bought 502 crate motored p/u.

Looks like a decent old truck, do something with that fuel line asap.

oh i like that...

been wanting a short bed chevy that i could slam and cruise like that.. wouldn't want the big block stuff.. nice little small block them maybe a nice LS down the road..
I'm trying to go the other way, up, lol Lot's of guys dropping 5.3 and 6.0's in them now.

I love it. 88 to 98 chevy trucks have such a slick looking body, tho I prefer the squared off dash on my 1994, regardless, these are great trucks. Prob why i bought mine new and still have it. How r you gonna pass smog check with that big block in there?

Btw if you want buckets, you can reuse the bench seat outer risers and tracks, and get tracks, risers, and interconnect cables for the inboard sides off any chevy/gmc pickup with buckets. And 98 bonneville or buick park ave buckets bolt right to the factory truck tracks.

Last edited:
-
Back