Ex-NASCAR driver leads police on 2-state chase

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Another driver off the roads for a long-longtime :eek:ops:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-02-01-13-48-13

The man that led state patrolmen from three states on a chase Wednesday was no stranger to driving at high rates of speed.

Timothy Tyler Andrew Walker, 33, is a former Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series driver who was suspended indefinitely after violating NASCAR’s drug policy in 2007.

Walker failed to stop for an officer in Nevada early Wednesday morning and drove northbound on I-15. Arizona Department of Public Safety officers then attempted to deflate the tires of his car but were unsuccessful. Walker’s vehicle came to a stop near exit 6 in Utah after two Utah Highway Patrol troopers set up spike strips near mile marker 2 in St. George.

According to a UHP report, Walker attempted to flee on foot but was subdued by officers. A passenger, Raelie Hann McDonald, was arrested without incident.

Walker was charged with evading police, driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, possession of cannabis, possession of amphetamine, driving with an open container of alcohol and transporting alcohol across state lines. His bail was set at $18,020.

McDonald was charged with carrying an open container of alcohol, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, possession of cannabis and possession of amphetamine. McDonald’s bail was set at $11,072 bail.

Tyler Walker ran 19 Nationwide series and nine Camping World Truck Series races during his career.

Walker and McDonald both posted bail Wednesday night and were released from Purgatory Correctional Facility.

Nevada, Arizona and Utah = 3 :)

If you're going to party... PARTY HARD!

wait, possession of marijuana AND possession of cannabis!?

What, pot and pot are two different things? o_O

3 first names...always the first sign of bad things to come.

wait, possession of marijuana AND possession of cannabis!?

What, pot and pot are two different things? o_O

I believe cannabis is the plant. So he had himself a personal herb garden and a stash of ready to smoke stuff.

Probably was headed to Jeremy Mayfield's place to party!

Reading the article I decided to see if there were any photos of the vehicle. And to see if Tyler had fought them very hard (and got what he so deserved). But I was not expecting what I saw..... Tyler looks like he was on a 10 day binge and was going to have to chew his arm off in the morning.

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20130130/NEWS01/301300005/

He might have been popping that speed (amphetamine) like that Kowalski guy, lol

Expect Kowalski didn't smoke any pot until towards the end with that French gal and he wasn't drinking alcohol either

Yeah he does look strung out, what a mess. Bet his head hurts now...I'm not sure what those charges are out west but over here fleeing has been a felony since the early 1990's....likely there too now the way things are....he might be looking at some hard prison time...he is lucky nobody got hurt or killed

Well you can't work anyways if your serving 10 to 15 years in the pen. He driving career was done back in 2007..wounder how he got by and driving a bmw...maybe I don't wanna know the answer to that

He was driving sprint cars again. I had seen him race twice in person in sprint cars. He could get it done. But it make you wonder if it was all him or was he on the something at the time????

At least he led the race....probably was 3 wide at one point...

Well you can't work anyways if your serving 10 to 15 years in the pen. He driving career was done back in 2007..wounder how he got by and driving a bmw...maybe I don't wanna know the answer to that

He's got paid for driving sprint cars since 2007.

He's been driving race cars since he was a little kid. Also, never had a (non family) job since then too. Always racing cars. Same sort of non structured lifestyle from child to adult that musicians, actors, athletes, etc have.

If we needed further proof! You might outrun the cop, but you can't outrun his Motorola.

And the difference between a BMW and a porcupine - the porcupine's pricks are on the outside!

ATB

BC

I thought selling drugs might have been a part time career for him, maybe he isn't that messed up ?

I think common with people with addiction, they can go good for while then disappear off the deep end for a short period.

He has lots of family support offered to him.

-
Back