Excessive play in steering wheel

-
I found this while looking around

http://www.carid.com/1968-plymouth-...n-hyper-flex-system-master-sets-40029653.html

$136 out the door. It has poly bushings though. I was also reading some stuff in the suspension section...I seen where it was said if you go poly at least dont put them on the Lower Control Arms. What are your thoughts about that?
IMHO.... probably all Chinese parts; if I was still young and poor, I might have to go that way. But if I could help it, I wold stay away from the low end priced kits; IMO, it is asking for trouble in fit, durability, quality, and safety. This tends to be an area where you get what you pay for.... and good rubber parts are vital for durability, and the Chinese rubber parts seem to be all over the map in hardness and quality.

If you want poly, then I'd at least do that; avoid it in the LCA's and, for me, probably the strut rods bushings too. The upper bushings take less whacking around. My racing background is rallying, (I even rallied a few times out of Cleveland TN BTW, over in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest.) and you beat the snot of of the whole car in rallies, especially suspension, so I have seen what hard bushings can do. (Metal joints are really bad LOL!) So that influences my opinions on that: poly can be tough on each and every part.

If you want tighter handling, then go with poly; if you want longer trouble free use, then go rubber. At least down there in your neck of the woods, the roads are not all pot-holed, so you will likely have less stress on the suspension and steering with poly that in other locales.

And just so you don't waste money, get under the car and inspect everything BEFORE you order parts, and check things out first. If nothing else, it will get you familiar with all the parts.

Wow clifftt I wouldn't of believed it unless I saw it. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the swap which seems to be getting farther off. Lol these suspension parts are insane. But I will definitely heed your advice nm9. I want the best quality I can get. I will see if I can check where the parts are made. Can you help me some more with maybe some links of stuff you recommend. I won't be able to check my suspension until Wednesday when I'm off. What should I look for?

-
Back