Exhaust and Muffler Recommendations

-

72Plymouth

Reaction score
I might do dual exhaust on the 318 with 2 1/4" pipes and Flowmaster 40s. I've had them on two of my other cars and like them. I believe I read here that dual 2 1/2" would be too much for the stock motor.

I like how the factory tailpipe is barely visible, so I was thinking about keeping it less noticeable and clean.

Any recommendations other than Flowmasters?

Attachments

• Scamp.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 454
The Thrush 2 chamber welded work very well. Sound just like the 40's at a fraction of the price.
I have video with sound if you want.

I'm putting Dynomax Ultra Flows on my latest headache...

Oh,that's you! Someone did a proper quench,and valve job!

I'm putting Dynomax Ultra Flows on my latest headache...

These are probably the best flowing mufflers available,and are what I will use on my next car. I have 40 series flowmasters,and love the sound, but tests show they don't flow as well as ultra flows.

These are probably the best flowing mufflers available,and are what I will use on my next car. I have 40 series flowmasters,and love the sound, but tests show they don't flow as well as ultra flows.

The Ultraflo's are the best sounding mufflers I have ever had. They sound deep and clean with no sewer pipe crackle. The Thrush "Weled" sound excellant as well and are half the money of Flowmasters, altho I heard they are not making them any more....

72, I'll make you a sweet deal on these virtually new Dynomax VTs that will fit right on that car and sound like Ultraflows but only when you need them to. Email me if interested,
[email protected].
Thanks !
Tom

How long are the Ultraflows that you used? They sound awesome at idle and on the other sound bite. But how are they on the highway? Any annoying drone? And do they make a quieter version of what you have? What is the typical muffler length for proper fit in a 67 Dart? I'm wondering if stock style "hemi" mufflers will fit.

Karl M.

For a stock 318 2.25" should be fine.
I went with 2.50" knowing I would be going with a 360 eventually.

-
Back