exhaust down pipe question on a 65

-

mkingan

Reaction score
do they make the down pipe from the factory manifolds for dual exhaust? i know the trans cross member needs modified though. had some one do it on my 65 cuds and did a terrible job. the driver side turn down from the manifold is way too low for clearance and after very little time all hangers have broken from the rubber part. so i thought it be easier to get the both sides from the manifolds down and try to fab it together vs taking it to another shop and having them tear it apart.

thanks. think ill just take it to a muffler shop have them redo it since not old and they can bend new ones in and just reconnect the rest

yea by the time order it may be better off just having it done. ok ill go from there thanks. one last thing does anyone have the pattern to cut the crossmenember

1702604451753.png

I ran 2.25 inch dual exhaust on my 65 Barracuda for decades without doing the crossmember mod. The pipe hung a little low, but I never had a road clearance problem, and it was visible only if you squatted down. Since I put TTI headers and their 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust on the 65, I did go ahead and do the mod (actually needed to for the TTI system). Here's what it looked like with the 2.25 inch exhaust and unmodified crossmember.

1702604636246.png

Actually, I don't think it hung down any more than the TTI header/exhaust system. I don't have a side-view pic of my 65 with headers, but here's my 67 coupe with the TTI header/exhaust:

1702604817912.png

thanks for the pattern. problem is the idiot went almost strait down on drivers side then back for there is not much clearance and wouldn't fix it, ill get some pics

thanks for the pattern. problem is the idiot went almost strait down on drivers side then back for there is not much clearance and wouldn't fix it, ill get some pics

Just so you know, I copied the pattern straight from TTI's web site. There's a link to it in their early A body installation instructions.

-
Back