exhaust exhaust exhaust uggggggghhhh

-

chasduster

Reaction score
Ok here is what I have 360 bone stock pipes are 2 inch....stock exhaust manifolds...cherry bombers 1/2 way, finshed exhaust out the back full duals.....sounds like a fagot car....really....what can I do besides engine work and headers to give this thing some good sound to it..with out going to the bank...Got anything laying on the shelf....I know it ain't an A-body but come on...it is a mopar...70 challenger auto

hahahahahahahaaa sosososossooooo funny......you guys are funny...that why I love it here.....ever heard a 77 dodge motorhome with duals on it....sounds like a motor boat.....bbbbbaaaaarrrrrooooommmmmmmmmmm....just has no tone to it...

Anytime you run a full exhaust with glasspacks your going to get the lovely burble of a motor boat and that dreaded chevy rapping sound like the old dude reliving his youth on cruise night with his 62 327 impala-yeah baby!.Either put some flowmaster copys (thrush fully welded) on if you like the higher pitched tinny sound or if you like bass put the dynomax copys on (these are my favorite),dont let the seemed case fool you,they do flow. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17656/ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-630125/

My advice:

If you're going to be a bigot at least learn to frigging spell, so you
don't look like a moron also.

My advice:

If you're going to be a bigot at least learn to frigging spell, so you
don't look like a moron

Thanks I was looking for advise in that area..... Now go post your negative **** on someone else's thread your not welcome here :thebirdm:

How are pipes sounding like faggots being a bigot?

Does someone have sexual preference emotional issues related to exhaust notes?(jk).

Oh, I second the thrush, non turbo muffs, they are flowmaster 40 copies and are incredibly inexpensive at the autop parts store, advance has them for sure although those C-bombs may start to sound better once they have some mileage on them.

Oh I forgot to tell you on the cherry bombers they have been on the car for a very long azz time....

Back in the day, Cherry bomb mufflers were the only thing.( I grew up in that era and I still don't like their sound.) Teem them up with small 2" pipes and they sound like garbage. If you can't afford a new complete system at least change the mufflers. That will help. A mopar friend (TomMoparMan) has a /6 Dart with a header and he installed the Thrush mufflers you guys recommend. Even though it's a 6 it sounds great and you can't tell it from a V8 going down the street. Mike

Thanks I was looking for advise in that area..... Now go post your negative **** on someone else's thread your not welcome here :thebirdm:

It's spelled:

Advice not advise
You're, not your

With the setup you describe, I think your car actually has more of a white-trash inbreeder sound than a "fagget" sound.

Therefore, I wouldn't change it. Civilized humanity appreciates the warning that there's an illiterate hillbilly coming down the road. :finga:

Quote: You're, not your

Actually "your" is the proper spelling in that sentence since you're is short for you are. This is probably backwards if you're (correct usage) from you'all land.

Lost a guy last week that was correcting everyone's grammar.

Must really tick auff the liturate fokes whoo speel real good.

Lost a guy last week that was correcting everyone's grammar.

Must really tick auff the liturate fokes whoo speel real good.

HeyIwasonlyplayingwifWaggin^andlokwathapens.
haahahahhahaha you guys are funny.....how due you spell relief...fart... aa i wasn't any good at grammar in school...but eyes luv Kars... any hoot back what this thread was suppose to be 4 my exhaust issue....intercourse I can't drive it cuz the wather outside is bad but keeps all the infuz cuming on what pipez and muffz ya think I shudz run..... The you tube vid mine isn't even that loud....sounds wimpy like the driver....

I think I know the sound you're talking about, my buddy has a '73 B250 van with a stock 360 and duals off the stock manifolds, no crossover, I think 2-2.25" and has rattly Dynomax Super Turbos. It's got that light "grunty" truck sound where you can tell the engine is stock as hell.

I think you should add a crossover first of all (X-pipe if you can), that will really smooth out the sound and make it more sports-car-like. And what size pipe is the rest of the exhaust? 2" all the way would sound like crap no matter what mufflers you had.

-
Back