Exhaust hangers 72 Demon

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I need to know where you guy have hung your exhaust pipes. On my Demon the pipes only have a hanger right at the tail pipe. I have headers on it and would like to kbow where a second hanger would be best.
Thanks
AL

al there should be a hanger at the rear on the frame rail for the tail pipes (chrome tips). in front of that, inside the axle hump there will be 2 mounting locations for another hanger for the pipes. in front of that ? i don't know if there is anything else. manifolds on back to the hump i think it is empty....

Hey Ram,just got my car back today(66 Dart)duals all the way to bumper with cutouts!I,ll get some better pics up tomorrow,and show you where min are mounted by crossmember!Later!

On my Demon I dump the pipes just before the axle. I used a strap type hanger with a rubber clamp mount. There should be an area on your car just below the back seat where you can bolt a strap type hanger also.

I need to know where you guy have hung your exhaust pipes. On my Demon the pipes only have a hanger right at the tail pipe. I have headers on it and would like to kbow where a second hanger would be best.
Thanks
AL

You can buy the hangers that secure the exhaust tips to the frame rails from www.pgclassic.com/ or www.jacksautoparts.com Year One used to carry the left side hanger that supported the rear of the muffler/front of tailpipe to the floor just behind the rear seat. I don`t know if they still sell them or not but any reputable exhaust shop should be able to supply a couple hangers for you if you`re not needing OEM style parts.

Thanks guy's, I have them hung at the back just wanted to know where the other location was further up. I like the look of dumping them before the rear tire..maybe down the road, when she is one the road lol.
Thanks again
AL

Hey Ram,here,s pics of where my new exhaust is hung off of crossmember frame(not the crossmember it self!)

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

-
Back