Exhaust manifold helP!!

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
I am just about ready to put my 360 in 66 cuda but just need to know exactly what manifolds i should use. I have a set of magnum manifolds that i picked up cheap but i dont think they are going to fit. I have found a set of 318 manifolds from an a body should i just pick them up and be done with it. I have a power steering car so i am really worried about this. Also can i use the saginaw ps pump that is on my 360 in the cuda thanks

There must be 50 threads on here about that very subject. The stock a body manifolds will work, but it will be like trying to pee through a cocktail straw.

I used Spitfire headers on Dad's 65, and there is another bunch of threads on here about Harold, and how he does business.

I sold a set of Magnum manifolds to a man down in Florida, and he is going to make them work. Somewhere there is a thread on here with pictures of magnums used on them. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

I have a 66 cuda put in a 340..... I can tell you straight up there are no manifolds available that will fit AND that you will be happy with. TTI makes headers as does hooker and one other that I cannot remember.... TTI's are about the best but they do require some modifications ( not easy) absolutly forget Harold & spitfires, waste of time and energy..... the pissing thru a cocktail straw is about the best one I have heard so far...... TTI's are around 900 custom built like mine are a bit more but NO mods necessary and they are built to the car....meaning changing plugs and OIL is no biggy
good luck

I have a 66 cuda put in a 340..... I can tell you straight up there are no manifolds available that will fit AND that you will be happy with. TTI makes headers as does hooker and one other that I cannot remember.... TTI's are about the best but they do require some modifications ( not easy) absolutly forget Harold & spitfires, waste of time and energy..... the pissing thru a cocktail straw is about the best one I have heard so far...... TTI's are around 900 custom built like mine are a bit more but NO mods necessary and they are built to the car....meaning changing plugs and OIL is no biggy
good luck

Yeah, at the time when I was putting a 340 in Dad's 65, I had three choices I was toying with.
Spitfires, 68 340 Hp manifolds ( I had a set) and the 98 Durango magnum manifolds( I had a set).
If you look at picture #20 here, sorry I don't have it saved anywhere else here at work.
It is with the Magnum Durango manifolds, but I ended up choosing the Spitfires, because Harold was easy to do business with at that time. (2007)

I had enough clearance, (no power steering) that I could have installed them, no problem. They were close, but not touching the steering column once I adjusted all the slop out to the outboard side of the car.

ADD: I am pretty certain that is about the LAST thing you wanted to hear ( like me a few months ago)....but thems the facts.... your options are narrow at best and each of them is kinda expensive.... hence my comment in another thread....."restoring & buiolding a narrow A is punishment enough" Wait till you try to find 5 on 4 wheels!! thats another goat rodeo!!
Honestly good luck and work all the OT they offer....you will need it!

-
Back