Exhaust manifold question

-

73DartSport340

Reaction score
Well here is the story. Went back to NY today and was visiting with the inlaws when I decided it was time to go down and get a few of the parts that he still had from the Dart Sport. I got the original intake manifold with the original TQ still bolted to it...while down there I noticed what i thought was a set of the original exhaust manifolds..turned out that the Passenger side one was cracked in half but the drivers side one seems(have not sandblasted it yet but no apparent cracks or damaged bolt holes) to be fully intact.

So question is on a 340 Dart Sport with power steering and brakes what do I need for the PASSENGER side as far as manifolds go..I was always under the impression that the one that really mattered fitment wise was the DRIVER side one becuase of clerance issuse and where it dumps? is this true...I was even under the impression I MAY be able to use a later model 318/360 PASSENGER side manifold? is this true...???? So basicaly what im trying to do is instead of paying for an entire set of exhaust manifolds...why not use what I actually have in the drivers side and see if I cant get a passenger side one for cheap or cheaper than a whole set would cost. let me know what you guys think.

The driver side manifold must be from an a-body, it does'nt matter if there is power brakes or steering. Also you can use a e-body 1970 340 exhaust manifold too. (all 68-70 hp 340 manifolds are the same) You can use just about any passenger side manifold with a center dump. A good web site to check these things out is mymopar.com, they have tons of information, you can type your part numbers in and find out what you have. It also has part numbers for exhaust and intake manifolds and it tells you what they are for. Try to stay with 340 or 360 manifolds, they flow better, 71-74 340-360 are also cheaper and easier to find! Good luck!

What i was wondering if mabey a passenger side exhaust manifold from something like a 318 dakota or something would fit..i heard those manifolds flow well too and would even be readily available in current junkyards....

I have a pair of exhaust manifolds from a 73 318 that I want to sell. They are in good condition but the passenger side butterfly needs some work. If you are interested in them just make me an offer plus shipping.

[email protected]

-
Back