-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
Getting ready to hang a 2 1/2" Jegs exhaust system on
a 70 Dart Swinger.
Curious how you used late model or other types of hangers
to make a fail proof setup.
Pictures would be cool if you have them.

I pulled the rear seat belt anchors out and welded a 1/4-20 or 5/16-18 stud to them (cant remember the axact size, go with whichever one fits through the nuts welded in the floor AND the hanger that comes with the kit
this will place a stud on the bottom of the car, just in front of the mufflers
install hangers, slap a washer and (nylock) nut on and you'r golden

Getting ready to hang a 2 1/2" Jegs exhaust system on
a 70 Dart Swinger.
Curious how you used late model or other types of hangers
to make a fail proof setup.
Pictures would be cool if you have them.

I just got done putting in that exhaust. For my Duster, I needed to cut like 6 inches out from the middle. But I think you have a longer wheel base than I do so you may not need to cut so much if any.

For the hanger in the middle. I replace the seat belt bolts with longer grade 8 bolts an attached the hanger with a nut.

When you get the hanger, you'll see that the metal strap is pretty long. I cut probably two eye holes off the end, and use the rest. I bent it to fit.

I wish I had pictures to show you. I may get some this weekend or the following because I need to take my Z-bar out so I need to jack up the car in the air.

By the way, which mufflers did you get with the kit? I got the deep toned chambered mufflers and they sound pretty good. It's a good bang for the buck kit. It's just something to get me by until I redo the whole exhaust with and x-pipe and stuff.

Here's a sound clip.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oBCZ-bZ8w&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oBCZ-bZ8w&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I welded 3/8 J hooks that I made out of rod stock to the pipes and body where I wanted them and used a pretty heavy duty rubber slip on type hangar.
It never moves around and I can slip them off by hand if/when I need to remove the exhaust from the collectors back.
The hand made J hooks were nice because I was able to position the exhaust right were I wanted it and tack the hooks on.
One hook goes through the hanger from one side and the other hook from the other side so the hangar cant slip off.

I bought 6 of them just in case, and so I could keep a spare in the trunk in case one ever broke I could replace it right then and there, but after two years I have never needed to replace one. (dual 2.5 inch pipe with Flowmasters)
My pipes exit right in front of the rear tires and I only needed 2 of them to support everything from the collectors back.
They are about an inch thick approx. 3 inches long.
Clean, to the point and VERY effective.

They came from Jegs and the ID is Dynomax 35460 exhaust hangar.
I never liked those stupid clamp on types with the huge strap of steel/nylon/rubber.

Attachments

• hangar.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 224
I found and bought a set of e-body Flowmaster muffler hangers that
look really well made, hopefully that will take care of the mufflers hangers.
Now onto the tailpipe hangers.
Trial fitting to start soon.
Should be interesting, Hooker Super Comp headers, TTI collectors to
a Flowmaster H pipe, then to Jegs exhaust system.
Somewhere in there I hope to have room for a driveshaft loop.

-
Back