Exhaust Tips

-

olddman

Reaction score
Need to replace both exhaust tips on my 1965 Dart GT. The ones on it right now are chrome and the chrome is looking bad. Prices for them are all about the same so I guess the quality is all the same. (?) Have looked at Classic Industries, Year One, Summit, Jegs, Mopar Plus. Any suggestions on who to buy them from?

Need to replace both exhaust tips on my 1965 Dart GT. The ones on it right now are chrome and the chrome is looking bad. Prices for them are all about the same so I guess the quality is all the same. (?) Have looked at Classic Industries, Year One, Summit, Jegs, Mopar Plus. Any suggestions on who to buy them from?
SHow us a picture or two of what you have Early A's didn't have duals.

Here are some pictures of the dual setup on my Dart.
Will probably go with the chrome again instead of stainless. Just wondering if anyone had a preference as to where to buy them.

20231115_155211_Burst01.jpg

20231115_155314_Burst01.jpg

20231115_155322.jpg

20231115_155329.jpg

20231115_155405.jpg

20231115_155423_Burst01.jpg

20211025_073452_Burst01.jpg

Keep this in mind when deciding on which tips to run. The shape of the tip makes a huge impact on the sound of your exhaust. Musical wind instruments generally have a flared tip because it just sounds better than other shapes like a straight tube. Think of the tomato can shaped tips on those obnoxious 4 bangers. A megaphone shape sweetens the sound to the human ear, and an ovalized, megaphone tip fits much easier with the same sound enhancement.

Thise are obviously aftermarket. Ones I have not seen before. Hopefully someone will recognize them and let you know

Thanks for the help. There are some tips out there that sure look like the ones that are on it. If anyone has suggestions, I know that I have come to the right place.

A bit spendy , but used one of the pair from accurate exhaust on my turbo car. I know they are stainless, but a quality piece. Used abody version.

The stainless look pretty good. Will stainless tips keep their shine like the chrome tips? Had read that the shine of stainless tips are more of a matte or brushed finish compared to chrome. The one you have look just as smooth and shiny as chrome. Is there a certain polish that you have to use, or can you use regular chrome polish? I guess one of the biggest advantages is the stainless will last longer.

With as much "el cheapo" plating as there is out there these days, I would bite the bullet and buy stainless. That way you are not replacing every other year or so. Since the EPA cracked down on the plating shops, some of them are cutting as many corners as possible to rake in the bucks. THIS DOES NOT apply to all of the platers out there, just the ones who promise the moon and are gone just as quickly.

The stainless look pretty good. Will stainless tips keep their shine like the chrome tips? Had read that the shine of stainless tips are more of a matte or brushed finish compared to chrome. The one you have look just as smooth and shiny as chrome. Is there a certain polish that you have to use, or can you use regular chrome polish? I guess one of the biggest advantages is the stainless will last longer.

We have a product called AUTOSOL which we use on chrome, aluminum and stainless. Not sure if it is available over there. Most multipurpose metal polishes should do the trick :)

I haven't installed them yet but a few years back I bought a pair of tips for my Duster from TTI, they looked gorgeous when I pulled them out of the box to look them over. Pretty sure they're stainless.

-
Back