Expensive week

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two tires on my 2003 Malibu Monday and six tires on my motorhome right now. There goes around 1500.00 real quick but I’ve been pushing my luck on the motorhome tires. Not really sure how old they are but with hauling the race car trailer on my overnight races it’s not worth having a tire go on a race weekend.

Honestly I forget. I got the price last year and just handed the card to him. Those guys have a job ahead of them and will be getting money to get a pizza. They usually do jobs like this on Saturdays but since it’s only 25 foot plus a three foot Trailer Toad it fits along the shop.

An hour and twenty minutes from pulling in to pulling out. Six 235/85R16 tires mounted and balanced. Those guys Dont mess around.

image.jpg

Yup, maintenance on our daily drivers is never fun. We all want to work on the fun car...:) I have a choice this weekend, either do some body work on the dart or start the leaf spring shackles on my older Ford ranger...its like this for me every year its a wonder I get anything done on my Mopar.

13 tires for me this spring....
4 on the Dart
4 on the Vette
5 on the Model A

That’s enough to take your breath away. I was on that cycle a few years ago. Four for my 3/4 ton Dodge, four for my Malibu, four for the race car trailer, slicks, front tires, and two for my Trailer Toad. Ouch!!!

Honestly I forget. I got the price last year and just handed the card to him. Those guys have a job ahead of them and will be getting money to get a pizza. They usually do jobs like this on Saturdays but since it’s only 25 foot plus a three foot Trailer Toad it fits along the shop.
Ahhh. Trailer Toad. That company belongs to Jok Nicholson. Local racer. Nice guy.

jok.jpg

Yup, maintenance on our daily drivers is never fun. We all want to work on the fun car...:) I have a choice this weekend, either do some body work on the dart or start the leaf spring shackles on my older Ford ranger...its like this for me every year its a wonder I get anything done on my Mopar.

Ya my Dodge truck sat all winter and I took it for a ride the other day to fill it with diesel for this weekend and when I hit a road bump had one heck of a shimmy. It was fine last October but when I checked it over found a driver side sway bar link had rusted and broke. I ordered it yesterday morning and picked it up at 2:00 yesterday and changed it last evening when the sun went down some. I go pick up a barrel of alcohol tonight so I hope that fixed my issue.

Ahhh. Trailer Toad. That company belongs to Jok Nicholson. Local racer. Nice guy.

View attachment 1716094125

I have the first model with the smaller tires and love it. I bought it from a friend for 1000.00 when he upgraded to the big tire model. I broke two steering stabilizer shocks on it last year as I was leaving for a big three day 20,000.00 race at Dragway 42 so I sold my entry. I called him and he called me from the track and gave me the part number (mopar stabilizer part). One of my local Advance Auto had it on stock and had I known could have made the race.

I have the first model with the smaller tires and love it. I bought it from a friend for 1000.00 when he upgraded to the big tire model. I broke two steering stabilizer shocks on it last year as I was leaving for a big three day 20,000.00 race at Dragway 42 so I sold my entry. I called him and he called me from the track and gave me the part number (mopar stabilizer part). One of my local Advance Auto had it on stock and had I known could have made the race.
Perfect. Sound like Jok.

Two tires on my 2003 Malibu Monday and six tires on my motorhome right now. There goes around 1500.00 real quick but I’ve been pushing my luck on the motorhome tires. Not really sure how old they are but with hauling the race car trailer on my overnight races it’s not worth having a tire go on a race weekend.
$1500, for tires on the motor home and your Malibu? Sounds cheap enough to me as I was given a quote of close to a grand for 4 tires on my 2019 Z71 Colorado.

Need to replace the timed out tires on my cars.
$361, plus a $50 liner, and a $50 tube.......

.....times 12.

Lester 6.00/6.50x17,wide whites, 8 on the ground, plus four side mounts.

Need to replace the timed out tires on my cars.
$361, plus a $50 liner, and a $50 tube.......

.....times 12.

Lester 6.00/6.50x17,wide whites, 8 on the ground, plus four side mounts.

Timed out. That sounds like an Arizona type of thing to do.

Yeah, a blowed tire on that motorhome and a crash would cost a lot more than 1500 clams.

The Lester's are still holding air on one of my 33's, but they are 40+ years old. (So is the ones on the other 33, but I don't know if they'll hold air, been on jackstands for a long while).

Ya in Pa I used to changed out my 15 inch car trailer tires every 4-5 years. My car trailer now has 8 bolt 16 inch wheels and tires. I bought the trailer new in March 2017 so probably next year I’ll start thinking about getting new ones. Where I’m really going to get the shocker is when I go to change the brakes.

And 115.00 worth of diesel in the truck and 210.00 for a barrel of alcohol tonight. Hopefully 100.00 more to go racing Saturday. Next weekends race cost 495.00.

There is a pot of money waiting to be won at the track.
I'm thinking this is your year to be rewarded for all your hard work on your stuff and others.
Good luck is with you this year, John.
Most of all have fun.

There is a pot of money waiting to be won at the track.
I'm thinking this is your year to be rewarded for all your hard work on your stuff and others.
Good luck is with you this year, John.
Most of all have fun.

That dog gone frontend cost me several rounds of races last year. Pretty sure I have everything back they way it should be. Pretty still going to order a new rack in the near future. Who knows how long it’s been in that car. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Big race at Dragway 42 this weekend too but I’m not up for back to back big races. Probably 160 miles each way.

-
Back