Experience with Lakewood Bellhousing fit with headers and exhaust

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have positives or negative experiences in using a Lakewood SFI bellhousing and 4 speed with the fit in a Dart or 2nd generation Barracuda with a small block LA engine? Which headers worked well and which did not? Same question on, exhaust systems. What modifications were required to make the set-up work properly including the clutch linkage? There was a thread a few weeks ago about installing TTI exhaust and headers which was very informative. I will probably run W2 heads with 1 7/8 tubes which makes choice of headers and space more limited.

A stock bellhousing is probably easier but not as safe.

Thanks

I have the Lakewood,and had to modidy the bracket for the Z-bar(4 speed).I didn,t know they made Quick-Time bells?They,re a little smaller and gonna be alittle easier to work around.Search the 4 speed trans. Forum for answers about TTI,Z-bar,headers.Lots of good info.

That was me Rocket. Here's the link to the TTI installation thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65442

As for the Lakewood scattershield, here's my experience. I bought mine used and got the can and the blow plate, which is what contains the clutch/flywheel assembly. What I didn't get was the spacer ring for the transmission bearing retainer. There are 3 different sizes and you need either the spacer, or the correct-sized retainer that fits the scattershield. The parts are available (a member has one posted for sale right now, but not sure if it's the scattershield one...) but a consideration if buying one used. Passon Performance and Brewers both stock every piece you need for our cars. There's also a bit of trimming that needs to be done on the passenger side for the TTI's to clear. It's in the installation thread above.

The Z-rod pivot bolts right on and lines up as the factory bellhousing mount would. The only pain in the *** is getting at the bolts along the top of the shield. You have to sandwich the can together where there are no block bolts. The stock factory clutch fork boot fits also. Removing the scattershield looks like a ***** with the TTI's installed. I'm kinda sorry I didn't throw in a new clutch before I buttoned mine up....something else to think about.

I hope this helps!

-
Back