experience with mancini xhd

-

buckshotbishop

Old Soul
Reaction score
so im just wondering what your experiences with the mancini xhd's are. im looking for springs for my 69 valiant and have narrowed it down to the mancini or general springs +2.5 in. i wont go springsandthings because shipping will kill me.

Have you checked JCwhitney.com? Sure you can find them cheaper and better shipping.

Did you try here?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Performance-P4452983-LEAF-SPRING/dp/B003TTVJ4U/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1357584953&sr=1-5&keywords=mopar+leaf+springs"]Mopar Performance P4452983 XHD LEAF SPRING : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

I have had mancini rear springs on my car for the past 6 months. No problems with them and they gave my car a nice stance again. I would also recommend you get new shackles and both sets of leaf spring brackets.

I have had mancini rear springs on my car for the past 6 months. No problems with them and they gave my car a nice stance again. I would also recommend you get new shackles and both sets of leaf spring brackets.

im assuming your profile pic is your car. if so it looks realy good, and would be the stance im looking for. i read somewhere on here that the mancini springs might be taller on the passengers side. could you clear that up for me? its something i want to avoid because ill be driving to school every day, about 40 miles there and back.

im assuming your profile pic is your car. if so it looks realy good, and would be the stance im looking for. i read somewhere on here that the mancini springs might be taller on the passengers side. could you clear that up for me? its something i want to avoid because ill be driving to school every day, about 40 miles there and back.

This is usual. Same thing with the SS Mopar springs. The idea is the would level out on hard acceleration. You can fix this by just raising the front of the car on the side that is lower to even it out. I have the SS springs and that is what I did. Does nothing to effect the drive ability. If you were closer I would think about just selling you my SS springs, but the Car is in NorCal near the bay area.

This is usual. Same thing with the SS Mopar springs. The idea is the would level out on hard acceleration. You can fix this by just raising the front of the car on the side that is lower to even it out. I have the SS springs and that is what I did. Does nothing to effect the drive ability. If you were closer I would think about just selling you my SS springs, but the Car is in NorCal near the bay area.

im thinking the ss springs will be to stiff.

I run two "left" SS 3000 pound springs on my car. It doesn't sit high at all, but the car does weigh a hefty 3700 pounds. They let me run 275x50x15 M/T tires at the drag strip, 255x45x17's on the street. The ride is fine on the street. They match up well with the 1.06 inch torsion bars.

just to make sure were clear this is for what will be a high performance daily driver (hopefully around 380hp). i have no plans to race more then a few passes if i ever get the chance.

i have mancini xhd springs and had to use 2 inch blocks to make it look right for me.but they made the car much nicerto drive than the saggy originals.that is how it sits now <--------

Get 2 of the same part number and it will be the same height.

Bingo the mopar springs are sold as 2 seperate part numbers just call the dealership and order 2 the same the passenger side are taller so pick what you want and they are cheaper than Mancinis because you can pick them up at your local dealership instead of paying for shipping .

I have the x-hd mancini on my duster, it sets a little high for my tastes.
I ended up adding a 1" lowering block to get it back down.
Price is right on them.
I would recommend new shackles and u-bolts when you put it together.

Bingo the mopar springs are sold as 2 seperate part numbers just call the dealership and order 2 the same the passenger side are taller so pick what you want and they are cheaper than Mancinis because you can pick them up at your local dealership instead of paying for shipping .

my town sucks for cars no mopar dealerships no junkyards. but if the ss springs will be fine for driving i can order them at my nearest dealer

Just make sure you don't order them as a set get either 2 002s or 2 003s depending on how much lift you want.

weight of car check the Mancini Super stock section for a description , the 863/864 pair are for a 2800lb car and the 002/003 are for a 3000 pound car ,there are others for heavier cars but you haven't told us what they are for yet but most A body guys use the 002/003 .

69 valiant currently a 170/904 but will be converting to a 340/904 in the summer. according to my some of the papers i have it weighs 2690 pounds without fluids.

sounds a little light we weighed my 69 fastback and with 2 big guys a full tank and 15 extra gallons plus tools and luggage in the trunk for a cross country drive it wieghed 3600lbs knock off the tools and extra gas and extra 220+ guy and your looking at car and driver with a full tank at around 3200 lbs

I tried to google it and it says the same thing you said for a slant 6 , add a couple of hundred pounds for a V8 setup plus some more for the 8 and 3/4 rear end and thats why we run the 002/003s , they also say my car should be 3100lbs

-
Back