Export 1972 Duster 340

-
1st post was 07 & replied back @ 8/11 , he is a member on here , has a 73 duster 4 sale recently also.

If i had this car and had known of the export, and it being an H code car and everything matching .Iwould have never changed the color , the intake ststem can easily be changed back , just saying thats me.

A guy that used to be in our car club built that car (The Brat Pack down here in Florida). And they did a bunch of work on it. The only reason it has a viynl top is because they couldnt get the paint right on the roof. His wife made him sell it and his other cars but didnt tell us likke he said he would. If he had given one of them a chance to buy it it would be sittin in our garage cause my mom loved it. Oh well.

I just find it odd that it's equipped with a factory radio (R11) , as radio frequencies are different overseas .
It's alleged that it's not a Canadian-spec ("C") nor is it an export to Mexico (those didn't receive an "I" country code) , so its origins and its receipt of said radio are odd in nature .

The poster on there is the same here.

My 69 RR had the same "Export" placard and door sticker. Unless it has a speedometer in kilometers rather than MPH I wouldnt say its a "true" export car. Most likely it was ordered at an overseas PX by a serviceman and would be waiting for him at the dealership when he arrived home. That was the story behind my RR's export tags. Its also possible that somebody added that tag as they are available from Performance Car Graphics:
http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Export_Plate_Tags.htm

74DartSwinger, in that link at the top of this post the last reply is from a Daniel Depetro. He claims to know where it is as of last year. I believe he's a member on here or Moparts with the same screen name.

Most of the time an "EXPORT" is just a soldier ordering a car from overseas and have it delivered to his home. This is only because the order came from out of the country.

I was just wondering if this car was in mopar muscle in 1991, a guy from Floria had it then , cars look exact gauges on front by console the same , the only thing i see is vinyl top now and hood pins , but could have been put on later , i have a pic of it in the Mag. Have a look.

Attachments

• mopar parts 009 (640x480).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 408
  • mopar parts 010 (640x480).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 406
Yes that is it. Shortly after the guy put a Black Vinyl Top on it because the painters couldnt get the paint right on the roof. The Guys name was Bernie and had a wife by the name of Shellie. It might say there names in the mag but I dont know.

I was just wondering if this car was in mopar muscle in 1991, a guy from Floria had it then , cars look exact gauges on front by console the same , the only thing i see is vinyl top now and hood pins , but could have been put on later , i have a pic of it in the Mag. Have a look.
I remember that article ! At the time (I was 21 years old , and the only fan of '72 & up A-bodies amongst my friends!) I was both intrigued as well as disappointed by this Duster . The only part which disappointed me was the orange engine , knowing that it's supposed to be blue / orange air cleaner .
But , on the good side (lots of good to it as well) I liked :
- the inclusion of a factory rear sway bar from a '76 Valiant A38 ;
- vintage Direct Connection hood-mount tachometre ;
- the very idea that someone had restored a 1972 & up A-body (!!) :cheers:
If I remember correctly , wasn't this Duster originally GB5 or GB7 Blue ?

The fender tag in the link shows B5 blue with white stripes.Really good looking car in either color.

I clicked on the link and it brought me to a forum disscussion with a pic of a dovetail trailer:scratch:

I am glad to report that this is my buddy Bernie's old car.
He is the one that built it from ground up and is the one that got it featured in the magazine and others above.
He has been in contact with current owner and is trying tp purchase it back as i type this

-
Back