Exterior trim removal question?

-

Swinger803

1973 Dart Swinger 225
Reaction score
This morning I've decided to take the ugly side trim off my '73 swinger. I've removed everything and been left with some nasty brownish black goo:wack:. You guys have any technique/recommendation/product that would help remove this crap?

...thanks in advance
.mike.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the other stuff I had in the garage to no avail. I've had enough of the heat today. I'll definitely give it a try tomorrow morning when I'm not so agitated. Time for a cold one!

This morning I've decided to take the ugly side trim off my '73 swinger. I've removed everything and been left with some nasty brownish black goo:wack:. You guys have any technique/recommendation/product that would help remove this crap?

...thanks in advance
.mike.

So new to this forum. I just purchased a 1973 dart swinger and want to get rid of my side trim as well. First looks like we have similar cars so think u answered my question on if the 73 darts had glue on or mechanical fixed trim as I know some year mopars were bolted or riveted. Any tips on the best way to remove the trim without messing up the paint etc... any help would be appreciated - thanks

you can buy "release agent" that is made to soften the adhesive that holds trim in place on many cars. It shouldn't hurt the paint, but read the instructions.

-
Back