Exterior trim yes or no

Body trim moldings on a 70-72 Dart

• Total voters
-

SoCal mopar

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
I bought a 72 swinger and I am missing left and right trim pieces of the trunk (quarter molding), and the L/R fender hood molding.

I am not a guy that is hard on maintaining stock. I am trying to decide whether or not to complete the sets to make them whole because they are already there, OR for simplicity, remove them all and keep smooth lines.

I want to hear your opinions of yes on molding and/or no. Post photos.

Cosmetically I prefer with out but they will save you some panel dings if you're leaving it in parking lots

You might want to check to see how your molding on the deckled is attached. Mine had holes drilled and studs sticking through. removing the trim to match the missing trim on either side would leave you with (now visible) holes across the trunk edge. I would find and put on the trim back there. You can get the whole set so it all looks the same here. They also sell the individual pieces if you don't want the whole set.

Up front, you could remove the hood trim to match the missing extension trim but you might have darker paint under the trim since it hasn't been exposed to the sun.

I left all of mine off after my repaint but have kept it all in case I want to put it on.

Last edited:
You might want to check to see how your molding on the deckled is attached. Mine had holes drilled and studs sticking through. removing the trim to match the missing trim on either side would leave you with (now visible) holes across the trunk edge. I would find and put on the trim back there. You can get the whole set so it all looks the same here. They also sell the individual pieces if you don't want the whole set.

Up front, you could remove the hood trim to match the missing extension trim but you might have darker paint under the trim since it hasn't been exposed to the sun.

I left all of mine off after my repaint but have kept it all in case I want to put it on.
I didnt think about the tabs. Somebody ground the tabs down around the rear window so that i have to fix. The car was repainted and corners were cut as i get deeper into the car. If i decided to replace tabs i would probably try the screw on the aftermarket type.

-
Back