Extra vacuum ports on 1974 BBD conversion

-

Duggie

Reaction score
I'm doing a 1974 BBD conversion to replace my Holley 1920. So far so good! What are people doing to plug the extra three BBD vacuum ports? And is there is a preferred port for the distributor vacuum advance?
IMG_8541.JPG
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8602.JPG

frepair_guide_content%2fen_us%2fimages%2f0900c152%2f80%2f07%2ff9%2f2c%2flarge%2f0900c1528007f92c.gif

Distributor vacuum is on the Pass. side (Edit: I shouldn't have said passenger side, considering it's on a slant 6- I'm used to V8s... I should have said "the opposite side from the throttle lever"), PCV is on the rear base, cap the rest. Bowl vent should be left open unless you have a fitting for it on your air cleaner.

Last edited:
Why are you using a 74? Other than 75/6 probably the leanest most smog ridden carb in the Mopar industry?

View attachment 1715894721
Distributor vacuum is on the Pass. side (Edit: I shouldn't have said passenger side, considering it's on a slant 6- I'm used to V8s... I should have said "the opposite side from the throttle lever"), PCV is on the rear base, cap the rest. Bowl vent should be left open unless you have a fitting for it on your air cleaner.
Nice graphic. thanks! I couldn't find that info in the online BBD manuals. I wanted a 70's model air cleaner but they are stupid money on FeeBay. I ended up with a 60's air cleaner with nothing but a snorkel attached. What is the clean method for capping? Hose and a rod inserted?

Why are you using a 74? Other than 75/6 probably the leanest most smog ridden carb in the Mopar industry?
I didn't find that opinion on BBDs when I was researching the conversion. That and finding an unmolested NOS was appealing to me.

-
Back