• Leave Blank

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Add Stripe

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
-

BadAssDodge

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I decided its finally time to make the Dodge look more show worthy. The paint doesnt shine, its peeling, and its pretty plain looking. So in the really near future im going to get it sanded, and primered, and take out the dents. The car doesnt have a lot of dents, the worse is on the passenger rear quarter panel. Were gonna do the body work ourselves because im on a budget. Does anyone know if the Earl Scheib paint jobs are any good. I plan on taking the car without any trim, emblems, etc., no grill or bumbers either. I also plan on getting the best paint they offer, so it will hold up longer. Then im gonna put on a rear bumble bee stripe. I plan on taking the motor and tranny out, so they can paint the engine bay as well, and detail the motor while its out of the car. May not put it back in with the 904 trans either, i really want a Keisler 5 speed in there, and stroke out the 360 while its out of the car. Finally i want to sit the car on some Torque Thrusts so the disc brakes can be seen. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of the year, I plan on getting everything before I start so the car doesnt sit there the whole time. My biggest problem is the color! So im making this thread a poll. My idea is B7 Blue with a black stripe, vinyl top, and black 6 pack hood. In the poll ill post my other ideas and let u guys vote.

Out of your selection of colors I would g o with the yellow/black.
I like the look of orange/black stripe,
blue/white, or red/white.
You might want to play with a picture of your car in microsoft paint.
That way you can visulize it better.
In my opinion some of the color combos won't let the stripe show off.
Just my 2 cents

I am kinda biased but I'm voting on FY1 Top Banana/Lemon Twist with the Black stripe. I think this will give the most visual impact. I have nothing against the other colors but again im biased. It should look sweet what ever color you decide to paint it after all it is a Mopar A-body. :thumrigh:

I see a major contradiction... you say you are on a tight budget but that Keisler 5-speed is gonna run around $5000 and to stroke the 360 will be another $2500 or so. Do you really want to show it off with an Earl Scheib paint job??

As for color combo, I am leaning toward Hemi Orange with black vinyl top and bumble bee stripe for my Dart. :supz:

i vote for the package you descriped blue with black sixpack hood stripe and vinyl top... think that could look god!

The orange and black will look good. My dart swinger is yellow and black and it gets dirty real fast. I am going to change that.Next spring it will be Sublime Greenwith a black bumble bee stripe

Is it just me, or does the poll at the top of this page go with that other thread??

I tend to know what your going though...I like your idea of blue (more then likely due to the fact mine is), however something that is really cool and catches the eye and holds it there is the blue that almost changes black as the veh go's by would be on my list. The color would hook up great with your top. I would think a paint job like that would help empty your wallet however. Just my input however Badassdodge.

This is one of my favorites!!

evil.jpg

Tony that pic is exactly what I had in mind, im pretty sure thats what ill be doing. This was actually a really old thread and the keisler is pretty much not an option anymore, leaning more towards either an A-833 or a gear vendors. its expensive too but ill save gas with the overdrive, driving will be more fun, and its easier to install, dont need to get pedals and cut holes. I also got a deal on some Cragar's so gone are the torque thrusts. I know it was contradictory what I had said, but when i said budget, i guess i meant more in the body work. I dont want to pay a lot for some things i can do on my own, and body shops can have your car with them for months or even longer. But your right about a cheap paint job too, i might buy the supplies and good paint and have someone do it for me. As for the drivetrain, im willing to save a little extra from my checks and spend more on that, dont want to be too cheap there, but i wont be saving for a hemi anytime soon either.

I think that your blue/black combo is good. I have seen it before and was impressed. I would put a low HEMI scoop on the hood and forget about the vinyl roof though.

Jack

i've taken several cars to macco for painting with good results.
i take everything i can get off then do the bodywork, prime
only what i repair as they prime before they paint.
the only place i take extra care to tape off is the edge along
the side window seals.
if you do the blocking and prep well, your paint will look exellent.
for your color go with what you picture yourself in, you can add
graphics,callouts,stripes afterwards.
good luck

-
Back