EZ wiring harness on a 1963 Plymouth Valiant??

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Anyone used this or have had any issues using this on an early a-body? Ive had a few wiring issues and this seems to be a good avenue to take but wanted some real life experiences from people.

Thanks!!!
Jake

anyone used this or have had any issues using this on an early a-body? Ive had a few wiring issues and this seems to be a good avenue to take but wanted some real life experiences from people.

Thanks!!!
Jake

like i keep telling you guys, call sean at ez.!

I've installed the harness but in a 71 Scamp. It will work in your car just fine. It is not a 1 day job and honestly took me about 3 weeks to do it. I laid the entire harness out to where I wanted each wire to go to. I ran thru the FSM wiring and double and triple checked everything, all before I cut my first wire. I also bought a good crimp tool and all the connectors, heat shrink, and anything else I needed ahead of time. Take your time and do it correctly and you will be very happy! Like Bob said, if you run into any problems give Sean a call he is great!

None of these aftermarket harnesses are a walk in the park. For "my money" I dislike the Chevy-biased so called documentation. The partial re-wire I did earlier was a "used" Painless harness off CL. Then I found an "as new" open box EZ harness. The fuse panels are identical except for labels on one fuse.

One biggie for me is that there is no "actual" wiring diagram, and I also dislike that the wires are labeled AKA "windows," "door locks" etc. This means if you wish to use those circuits for something else, they are not just numbered, colored wires, they are instead..........mislabled

Some things are not configured as I would like. There were a few things hooked to "ignition run" that should or should not have been, and ditto the accessory circuit. "I made changes."

I basically had to trace every single wire to justify the configuration in the box.

ABody Joe has posted he seems to like American Autowire. For me, if it comes down to Painless / EZ, I would consider EZ again simply because they are about 1/2 the price of Painless.

Not familiar with the connectors on the older cars. I bought "Packard 56" terminals from "clipsandfasteners"

You DO HAVE to be careful on the terminals to get the correct ones. Make sure they are EXACTLY like your Mopar, as some of the (female) GM design terminals don't work

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Packard_56_Series_Male_16_14_Gauge_Terminals_GM_p/w31c030.htm

-
Back