F. A. S. T. system, has anyone used them?

-

dusterbnb

Reaction score
I have a 408 with Indy/ Edelbrock heads with 1.6 and a 507/510 cam, but its higher with the 1.6 rockers, but off the top of my head I can't remember what it comes out to. But, I am curious about the F.A.S.T. fuel system and if anyone has used one, ether the EZ EFI or the XFI systems, and if so, did you like it or not?

I have a 408 with Indy/ Edelbrock heads with 1.6 and a 507/510 cam, but its higher with the 1.6 rockers, but off the top of my head I can't remember what it comes out to. But, I am curious about the F.A.S.T. fuel system and if anyone has used one, ether the EZ EFI or the XFI systems, and if so, did you like it or not?
haven`t used one yet,but thinking real hard on the fast 2 system. it`ll go up to 12oo h.p., where all of the others are 525-600 max.-------------------------------------expensive!----bob:coffee2:

I'm currently in the process of figuring everything out, I went through Richard @ FASTMAN EFI to purchase everything instead of CompCams(owner of F.A.S.T) He has helped me with everything and once I get it started will help me dial it in via the interwebs and custom programs he will sent me on CD's, I went with XFI.

Attachments

• duster 016.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 410
  • duster 007.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 427
  • duster 051.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 416
  • duster 041.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 417
  • duster 018.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 403
  • duster 024.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 419
FASTMANS is where I have been doing all my research, and the EZ2 is what cough my eye, especially since it works with E85. But, the EZ2 is not compatible with boost. If I ever wanted to add boost to it, I wouldnt want to have a system that would not work with boost, that I spent a good chunk of change on. The only thing that scares me about the XFI is that it will take a lot more time to program and testing to see what works. 76orangewagon, how user friendly is the XFI system? Oh and thanks for the pics, the duel 4s look awesome!!!!!

Just call,e-mail Richard (Fastman EFI) He did mine when this stuff was just coming out about 10 years ago.Great guy to work with.

I drove my friends '66 GTO last week. It has a nice lopey cam, and FAST injection. It started right up from cold, didn't need any throttle pumping to keep it running, and was just a real nice car to drive.

His only issue has been with his frame rail mounted electric fuel pump. He has never had any problems driving locally, but when he took the car on a road trip, the fuel pump overheated every 150 miles or so. I guess this is a fairly common problem when external electric pumps are used. It was recommended that if he was not going to use an in tank pump that he use a specific Bosch external pump. No word yet as to whether that solved the problem.

would like to,i did install the msd atomic efi on a chevelle last week.imo the fast system looks to me to be the way to go.the msd unit is much more entry level...

Thank you all for responding. I now know for sure that I want to go with one of the FAST systems. Now I just need to call Richard @ Fastman EFI and see which one I want.

I am also going with the XFI 2.0 that I got from Fastman. He is great to work with answers any questions you have usually the same day. A fellow member here (Garys) is using the ez efi on his Hemi swap and is happy with it. The XFI 2.0 system can also has the self tune feature.

would like to,i did install the msd atomic efi on a chevelle last week.imo the fast system looks to me to be the way to go.the msd unit is much more entry level...

Unless you spring for Xfi, the FAST efi is pretty entry level too. IMO unless you're sure that you'll never add nitrous or F/I to your car, the system isnt worth it.

I used the FAST Ez efi on my NA408 Dart. It ran unbelievable. I was really happy with it untill I had an electrical fire not related to the EZ efi. I still need to get that fixed up. But I was highly impresed with how the Ez efi worked. Very easy to install. Followed instruction to a tee. I triple checked everything, and read up all horror stories people had with it. They all seemed to be installer errors. That first start up it fired right up but it was rough running and running terribly rich out the back. I was a little concerned I had something wrong, but I need to at least let it warm up. That was a very long 20min. But man when it reach that temp setting and started tuning itself it was like a light switch went from running rough and gassy smoke coming out the tails to smoother than my carb every ran and clean clear exhaust. O my god the throttle response compared to my carb before was out of this world. It could not believe the difference. I also have a 89' turbo mustang it doesnt have the reponsiveness this thing had. I only got about 200miles on the system before the electric fire but I ran great. I did get to step on it a few times from a roll and was very impressed with the power it was making. It felt very comparable to the 340 on nitrous I had in the car before switching to the 408. I would use and recommend the Ezefi to anyone at this point. My Dart is currently up for sale because I have grown tired on the project and have a new project on hold till its gone but that has nothing to do with the performance of the car or the Fast ez efi.

-
Back