F-body rear in a 68 dart, Possible?

-

80fbody

Reaction score
While I have a line on an a-body 8.25, I do already own a nice 3:55 posi rear that's in one of my volares. Has anyone put one in a dart? I can weld new perches so that's not an issue. I know they're a wider, just not actually sure how much.

Yep, all you have to do is remove the old perches and install new ones moved slightly inboard. I don't recall the exact figure, either; shouldn't be hard to measure.

Some people just pry the leafs over on b body 8 3/4 to fit them without changing anything.

Im not too keen on that, or should I say it wouldn't be something for me, but it seems to work for them and give them a wider trac in the rear 'wider than the front tires' and may have you looking into different offset wheel to not look funny.

I'd say it's safe to assume the m body rear is wider than the stock b body perch to perch piece by almost a half inch according to this info I found online, so it may look even more funny without the offset wheels.

this might help you make the right choice

http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php/topic,189.0.html

I actually had an F body rear installed in my 67 Dart when I bought it. It was pretty much the same dimensions as a B body. I want to say around 56" flange to flange off the top of my head, but not 100% sure on that. The perches are pretty much the same width as B body too, but they have the oversize locator holes for the rubber isolator setup, so you'd want to replace them anyway.

-
Back