F-Body Volare/Aspen disc brake swap onto 74 Dart Sport

-

1mopar4life

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a 74 Dart Sport that was a original /6 car but is now a 318 car. It has manual steering and brakes. It has the junky drums on the front and the small bolt pattern with large bolt pattern adapters on it for the cragars to fit. My plan is to get rid of the drums and go to disc brakes as well as go to the large bolt pattern all around. What all do I need from a F-body Volare or Aspen to swap my car over to disc brakes? What about the sway bar? I would like to have front and rear sway bars. This car is going to be a daily driver/street car. I also need to put a larger radiator in the car. It has the factory /6 rad still in it. What aftermarket one would drop right in for under $250? I also need to get a fan shroud that will work with it. Thanks guys

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm270/DodgemanRacing/74dart.jpg

Get the spindles, rotors, and calipers. You will also need a disc brake master cylinder and prop/combo valve.

Thanks for the help, what about the LCAs? I hope to get this thing swapped over to disc on the front soon so I can drive it more. Right now shes shutdown with a bad starter and fuel pump.

not sure but the lower ball joint maybe larger on the volare end. so you may have to drill out your lca"s to accept it

Thanks for the help, what about the LCAs? I hope to get this thing swapped over to disc on the front soon so I can drive it more. Right now shes shutdown with a bad starter and fuel pump.

Your '74 already has the big ball joints on the upper and lower LCA's, so you're good to go.

F-body lower ball joint is vastly different than the A-body unit. Just buy the joint new.

Thanks for the insight guys. I've got a Duster parts car tracked down that is a 318 car, runs, not sure on driving but it does have disc brakes as well as the V8 K member, T bars, leaf springs and a few odds and ends I can rob from it for my car. My Dart sits a little too low in the rear too, does the V8 car have stiffer leaf springs?

-
Back