F/U Pertronix Ignitor

-
Nope had cap off and it was dry. Pulled a plug and spun engine no spark at all it was dead.

Funny, my stock points can easily spin to 5000.

Exactly. You won't have a problem with a Pertronix spinning to 5000 either.

Swapping points on the side of the road with a slant in the dark? Little screws down on the dark side of the motor.

I'll pay a dollar to watch that.

LOL... You got me there. Swapping them in daylight is challenge enough on a /6, especially if you have big hands and arms. I was thinking a V8 when I said my earlier comment.

LOL... You got me there. Swapping them in daylight is challenge enough on a /6, especially if you have big hands and arms. I was thinking a V8 when I said my earlier comment.

Luckily, I have an extra distributor to carry in the trunk. I seems almost worthwhile to pull it out to change points, REALLY esy to set gap too!

I am thinking of installing a Pertronix II and Flame Thrower coil. Looks like it's a worthy set of parts.

Question: Am I going to need to change plugs or gap them differently?

Pertronix has always worked well for me.... And there Warehouse is not far from me ether... :)

the ignitor II was spun on a dizzy machine and started to scatter at 9800 rpm on a stock slant dizzy...

I have a Pertronix in my car and love it! I forget about it being there. I do carry another distributor in the trunk only because of the commentary on the forums.
My question is: Has anyone on here ever had one fail on them?
I don't want to hear about your buddies cousins wifes Dart. Just first hand experience. Just curious. Things do fail sometimes but I wondered what the frequency of it. Thanks, Dennis

Yup. I had Ignitor II and Blaster II on my 318. Failed after about 1 year. Sent back to Pertronix and they replaced it under warranty. Still new in box on work bench. Haven't decided whether to try again or not. Using stock electronic stuff now. Craig

BTW, the GM HEI units do not fall out at 4500 Rpm's
They are good to about 6500 - 7000

I have a Pertronix in my car and love it! I forget about it being there. I do carry another distributor in the trunk only because of the commentary on the forums.
My question is: Has anyone on here ever had one fail on them?
I don't want to hear about your buddies cousins wifes Dart. Just first hand experience. Just curious. Things do fail sometimes but I wondered what the frequency of it. Thanks, Dennis

Yup, mine failed in 5 months. It was replaced under warranty, and it's still sitting on the kitchen table.

-
Back