F@#%

-

72dustyer

All go, no show
Reaction score
My wife called me at work today, she sounded all frantic and said there was a puddle of "green stuff" on the garage floor. I checked it out when I got home and it was alot of "green stuff". Apparently my intake gasket decided to start leaking yesterday. Its been fine for two years now with 2k on a fresh build. It's just a small pin leak in the back of the intake\head area. I retourqued the bolts and it's better, but it just foams out then dribbles when gets hot. Any recommendations for a remedy? or maybe a better gasket. I think there's a fel-pro in there now, and I thought I RTV'd it enough when I installed it.

RPM air-gap inake
ported J-heads
Mopar cast aluminum valve covers
:cussing:

Just open it back up and clean it up before you reseal it with the old gasket. No problem. Check oil for anti freezzzeeee.

Both gaskets were cracked and I'm surprised they weren't leaking earlier. Could this be from overtourquing, or lack of CC ventilation? I dont like those Mopar cast valve covers for that reason. I should drill those twist in holes out and put some open breathers in it.

The over torqueing is a possible problem or not following the tightening sequence.
The MoPar valve covers are easy to do. I did mine in no time flat. I added 2 breathers in addition to the PCV and OE like breather to the air cleaner.

-
Back