F28 battery question?

-

Swinger340Canuc

72 Swinger 340 Special
Reaction score
My 72 Swinger 340 Special was coded F28 for the battery on my and my buddy Joel's broadcast sheets, from what I've been able to find on the web is this was a heavy duty 500amp battery, I'm looking to order a reproduction battery but I haven't been able to find out what this battery for 1972 looked like, green cap or yellow cap or red cap? These battery's a pretty pricey and even more so to get all the way up here so I'd like to get this right the first time so any knowledge anyone can share would be much appreciated.

Dan

A 500 amp battery is not very much. Unless you have a stone stock vehicle with little to no added electrical items, I would certainly choose something with more CCA.

A 500 amp battery is not very much. Unless you have a stone stock vehicle with little to no added electrical items, I would certainly choose something with more CCA.

The reproduction ones are a bit more amps Rusty, I think around 800 amps with newer technology inside a case that looks vintage, but around $300.00, ouch!

The reproduction ones are a bit more amps Rusty, I think around 800 amps with newer technology inside a case that looks vintage, but around $300.00, ouch!

Fu.....screw all that. lol

Windsor built car?

If so, they have some F codes on the broadcast sheets that are not normal at times, they do not match known sales codes.

I personally dont really care for the repro batteries, i like the clean look of a newer mopar battery but i suppose if i was going with original than id go repro route, maybe

-
Back