FABO Court

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
OK, people of A Bodies. Judge this case for me.
I sell a firewall to a member here (HemiDenny).
HemiDenny wants the firewall cut in a very specific way, that includes many pieces that would have sold individually.
We agree on a price. $180 shipped to him.
I cut the firewall, package and ship it to him. My cost was $25 for shipping.
HemiDenny recieves the firewall and messages me back (in a very rude and condescending way) ( I will post his PM to me if anyone thinks it is necessary) stating that he is not happy, and I did not cut it as he wanted.
I immediately tell him to send it back, no problem.
He asks who is paying shipping. I said I would.
Days go by, and he messages me just now claiming that shipping is going to cost almost $70. He wants to know what I am going to do about that.
I tell him that "I paid $25 to get it to you, I'm not paying more than that to get it back.
HemiDenny then informs me that he will now go to PayPal for his refund...which would be the initial $180.
So, good people of A Bodies, how should I handle this?

If you want to make a PM conversation public....why don't you just post the entire conversation.....instead of YOUR version if it.

A-Ok with me.

My question would be why would it cost more to send it back? Not even a little more but almost 2.5 times more? Something isn't right.

Unless:
A. Whitepunk gets a discount on shipping parts (in which case he should just pay for the shipping label and email it to Hemi to affix to his package)
or
B. Hemi isn't using the same carrier. (there can be quite the difference in USPS vs Fedex or UPS

In my opinion, if white is offering to take it back and pay for shipping, he is doing more than enough to make a buyer happy.

My question would be why would it cost more to send it back? Not even a little more but almost 2.5 times more? Something isn't right.

Unless:
A. Whitepunk gets a discount on shipping parts (in which case he should just pay for the shipping label and email it to Hemi to affix to his package)
or
B. Hemi isn't using the same carrier. (there can be quite the difference in USPS vs Fedex or UPS

In my opinion, if white is offering to take it back and pay for shipping, he is doing more than enough to make a buyer happy.
I don't get a discount, its regular USPS..and I specifically asked him what the price on the old shipping label was, so that I would know how much to put aside for his refund.

Unmet expectations---I hate to see this. On the surface it seems White is doing the right thing. But everyone has their own reality. Settle this and be done with it!

Unmet expectations---I hate to see this. On the surface it seems White is doing the right thing. But everyone has their own reality. Settle this and be done with it!
My own reality is this..and I challenge HemiDenny to disagree with any part of it.
I cut and sent him the part, in a timely manor.
When he received it, he immediately notified me he was not happy. Without pause or excuse, I said send it back.
I offered to pay the shipping, which was $25
He told me no, the shipping is like $70
I told him I would pay the price I initially paid.
He is threatened to go to Paypal.
That's the whole reality in exactly the order in which it happened.

Here is the reason I started this thread.
This is the PM I got from him when he received the firewall.
Not "Hey Tony, I think we have a problem"
But this:

You did NOT cut this where we agreed....
Specifically . ...

You DID NOT cut at the inner fender....you cut at the splash connection

You DID NOT cut within 1" of the hood support brackets....you cut right next to the firewall

Also...You cut off the transmission to floor hump connection

I paid you extra for those ....along with extra shipping .

Please contact me immediately to remedy your mistake

Denny

First off, I am not a 3rd grader, and not this guys *****. I have no idea where he comes off "scolding" me over a parts transaction.
Second, he did NOT pay any extra for shipping. He paid a flat $180 SHIPPED. I offered to pay the $25 over and above the $180 he originally sent.
Third, I wanted to give any other FABO sellers a heads up on dealing with this guy.

Was there a agreement made as to how EXACTLY it was to be cut and where?

Ok....so the real issue is only the shipping cost

so, if i get this straight, you are willing to take the part back, and offer a full refund ONCE you receive the part back ?
you have proof, sorry, HE has proof on what you paid for shipping, but he wants more then that to ship it back ?

odd

Seems that way. :(

Which is sad.

I agree. My problem, is that I get a guy like this every once in a while. As soon as he threatened to go to PayPal for his refund..when I was actually offering him MORE...and he would STILL have to return the part to complete the PayPal transaction, I smelled trouble.
I have had guys like this come on here and start threads about me before, so I figured to beat him to it and get my side of the story down before he had a chance to.

so, if i get this straight, you are willing to take the part back, and offer a full refund ONCE you receive the part back ?
you have proof, sorry, HE has proof on what you paid for shipping, but he wants more then that to ship it back ?

odd
Yup, exactly

whitepunkonnitro just knows how to ship stuff ....shipped me an intake manifold for like 20 bucks and its a cast iron 440 manifold. Then he shipped me not one ...but two complete bench seats through the mail and it was really cheap. The man is a talented shipper.

Quite impressive really because he must know the weight and size limits of flat rate better than the P.O. knows.

whitepunkonnitro just knows how to ship stuff ....shipped me an intake manifold for like 20 bucks and its a cast iron 440 manifold. Then he shipped me not one ...but two complete bench seats through the mail and it was really cheap. The man is a talented shipper.

Quite impressive really because he must know the weight and size limits of flat rate better than the P.O. knows.

Honestly...you gotta pack it just exactly right, and present it to the clerk in just the right position so they measure it the way you want them to. When they measure, you have to stay on top of them and sometimes point out that the place they are measuring is not indicative of the actual dimensions of the package.
Clerk to clerk can make a HUGE difference in how something is measured, and an inch here or there can double or half the price.
Shipping is an art form!

Honestly...you gotta pack it just exactly right, and present it to the clerk in just the right position so they measure it the way you want them to. When they measure, you have to stay on top of them and sometimes point out that the place they are measuring is not indicative of the actual dimensions of the package.
Clerk to clerk can make a HUGE difference in how something is measured, and an inch here or there can double or half the price.
Shipping is an art form!

is there anything that is preventing Denny from putting it back in its original packaging ?

Tony you take it as scolding but you agreed where it was sposed to be cut.
Sounds like your pride is hurt. Mistakes happen, call it constructive criticism.
Ive met Denny in person and sold him some stuff no issues.
Your shipping is cheaper there than here, but only $25 for a firewall in one piece? Thats frickin cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back