FABO T Shirts

-

Bill Dedman

bill dedman
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Are they going to be available in the foreseeable future? I have some money saved up for a couple.... X/L....=P~

Is this a myth, or will they really exist?

Any information will be appreciated!

Merry Christmas, everybody!!!:cheers:

they use to be for sale ive seen a few at carlisle,,,i have e mailed some one from this site about buying a few ,never heard back,,

Are they going to be available in the foreseeable future? I have some money saved up for a couple.... X/L....=P~

Is this a myth, or will they really exist?

Any information will be appreciated!

Merry Christmas, everybody!!!:cheers:

From what I've heard, Bill, they've now immersed into the legendary territory of the TTA engine and the Dart R/T...

Hmmm... maybe I need to I-M an administrator; you guys don't seem to know any more about this than ~I~ do... and, that ain't much....

Maybe if you used some profanity in you message it would get a response Bill. :dontknow:

LOL. Just kidding with YOU Bill, I would never suggest the use of profanity.

It does seem like a revenue generater for the site but what do I know. :read2:

Just in the few times this has been mentioned in the last 3 months they would have at least 300 shirts sold. At lets say 15?$ a pop. Do the math.

Why has this not been done yet?

As a business owner who's been trying to get her own company t-shirts done for well over two years now, I can understand the hold up. I'm sure this isn't universally true, but I've come to realize that the t-shirt screen printers I've approached are flakes.

So far, the best I've been able to do was company underwear. LMAO

Anyway, I'd be down for a FABO shirt or two if this ever happens. Small will be fine, or medium if they're 100% cotton.

Two years Leanna? Wow! The set up charge is already paid for here so it would only take a couple of weeks for...say...a hundred or so. As long as it dont happen around the time when the baseball leagues are getting their stuff printed it can happen very quickly. All i need is the permission to help out.
Small Block

100_5692.jpg

I THOUGHT Santa would bring me one, but, he didn't....:angry7:

DAMN!!!

There's your profanity...:profilel:

As a business owner who's been trying to get her own company t-shirts done for well over two years now, I can understand the hold up. I'm sure this isn't universally true, but I've come to realize that the t-shirt screen printers I've approached are flakes.

Anyway, I'd be down for a FABO shirt or two if this ever happens. Small will be fine, or medium if they're 100% cotton.
I would interested in one or 2 of your shirts aswell......i would say tongs but your hubby is probably bigger than meLOL

I see there hasn't been anything yet about the FABO shirts.Oh well maybe something will kick into gear in the new year.

these shirts exsisted a few years ago,,i dont think they are available any longer,,,i e mailed about them almost a year ago and never got a reply,,,,not every one may have been in a position to purchase them when they were first available,,and now it sems they arent available any longer,,,,

What sort of road block have you been running into CudaChick? I've worked in the corporate screen printing industry for the past 25 years. There have been a couple flakey owners I've experienced but rarely has a customer not received the results they expected. Are these the big shops or the mom and pop shops? Is the art digital ready (or camera ready as we used to say)? Shirt style and sizes picked? Pricing an issue? Don't these guys want your business? People (not meaning you) see the easy dollars to be made and decide to open a t-shirt shop. Basic screen printing is a fundamental process but it has many variables. They don't take the time to learn their craft well enough or they're too disorganized or distracted with all the mugs, mouse pads, trinkets and trash so the business and customer suffer because of it. Even after being in the biz for a few years, they sometimes don't know how to expose a screen properly, print more than 2 colors or print a decent halftone - basic procedures.

With the FABO tees (just my 2 cents here) maybe it would be easier to have the person in charge of the FABO store just announce in the forum that there will be a printing of the FABO tees coming soon, specify an opening date and a closing date, say 4 weeks, to place an order. Indicate where the quantity break/pricing tiers - if any - are. Responding to a specific email or area in the store, interested parties can indicate quantity desired, provide a shipping address, pay with paypal/visa or send a check by mail. Keep members abreast of the estimated print ETA. Shirts are printed then drop shipped directly from the printer into the eager hands of FABO members. Scheduling a print job should be a no-brainer for the printer. There's always gonna be the sports seasons, difficult customer demands, art hold ups, etc. With a reasonable lead time, any printer worth their salt should be able to accommodate a customer. Again, just my two cents. Not meant to stir up dust :) :neutral:

Tim

BigHook, thanks for an enlightening post! It's nice to see the story from the printer's perspective.

The four screen printing shops I've approached for my company t-shirts were referrals I received / examples I saw myself at local car shows, and my dealings with them were all via telephone and email. Three seemed eager for my business over the phone but, after providing them with my logo and plans for the layout, I never heard back from them with a proof despite sending a few follow up emails and a couple phone calls to each.

The fourth was the most impressive ... definitely a car guy, we seemed to hit it off and be on the same page immediately. Within 36 hours, he had digitally revised my logo to make it more legible for print and his proof was approved assuming he would add my website address and the words "Custom Powder Coating By" above the logo. The quote was extremely attractive (less than $8 each using Gildan shirts).

The last email I received and answered asked how many I wanted, what sizes were desired, and whether I had a shirt color preference. That was in January, and I haven't heard back from him all year. In fact, I just sent another follow up email a few days before Christmas to see if he was still interested in the job, or even still in business. I really liked his work but if it can't be transformed into something I can wear, it isn't doing me any good.

Since I didn't deal with any of the screenprinters on a walk-in basis, I don't know if they're large shops or mom and pop places but I suspect the latter is the case ... I was always able to talk directly with the owner when I made my initial call.

Printer #4's proof is attached. Sorry it's so small ... I had to resize it so much to upload here that you can't even read it now, but I can surely send it in an email. If you want to offer a quote for a few shirts initially as customer appreciation items with plans to eventually buy a larger order and perhaps sell them on my website later, I'd be delighted to hear from you!

-
Back