Fabricated Leaf Spring Slider Brackets?

-
Nice execution, but not clear why you need so much adjustability, and what the finished assembly weighs relative to the OEM hanger.

I know that when I did mine I had brand new springs, so trying to put the spring eye in the right spot in the slider was a bit of guesswork and a little more adjustment would have been handy.

On a race car it would let you play around with different spring lengths or spring section lengths, especially if you had some adjustment at the front hanger as well.

I know that when I did mine I had brand new springs, so trying to put the spring eye in the right spot in the slider was a bit of guesswork and a little more adjustment would have been handy.

On a race car it would let you play around with different spring lengths or spring section lengths, especially if you had some adjustment at the front hanger as well.
That’s exactly why I’m doing it this way because I’m building it to drag race I want that adjustability based on track conditions and when weight of car changes. I do have front hangers with 3 adjustment points. I’m just figuring better to have adjustability versus a fixed position

When I drag race this car I know that my ride height and weight will change along with track conditions so I want the adjustability to allow that. I got a 1/4 end mill bit from McMaster Car and getting read to mill a 1/4 slot to add the mounting plates to attach them to the frame rails. I will post pictures of it when I’m doing it.

Ok, I finally got the mounting plates mounted, I milled a slot in the slider mounting brackets to fit the vertical plates which will then fit them to the frame rails. I had to mill out slots in the vertical plates to give room to clear the slider mounting bolts from bottoming out into them. I heated the slider plates to get a press fit with the vertical plate and fit them to the frame rail and they fit perfectly with no slop. I just need to run a weld along the outer edge to secure the vertical plate to the slider bracket.

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4489.jpeg

IMG_4490.jpeg

More pictures, and BTW I am in no way a Mill operator or have any machinist experience. This is my 2nd time working with a Mill. Technician yes! Machinist no! But it’s fun

IMG_4491.jpeg

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_4493.jpeg

IMG_4494.jpeg

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

IMG_4497.jpeg

Inbox full.
lol! Just let me know
I would love to purchase a pair. My springs are currently in stock location but the front relocation pockets are already welded in the frame rail.
This adjustability would alleviate my concerns because when I do relocate the springs I’m going to be using new springs and they willsettling. When you weld them in your committed.
Keep me informed on your good work and what you'll want for a pair.

Inbox full.

I would love to purchase a pair. My springs are currently in stock location but the front relocation pockets are already welded in the frame rail.
This adjustability would alleviate my concerns because when I do relocate the springs I’m going to be using new springs and they willsettling. When you weld them in your committed.
Keep me informed on your good work and what you'll want for a pair.
Sorry my inbox was full but I cleaned it out now. I could do that if you would like. I also have my front boxes moved inboard to the frame rails. They have 2 adjusting holes. I’m going to run early 64-65 B body Caltrac bars and split mono leaf springs with a 21” front segment instead of A body 20” so I gain an inch of clearance for the rear tire to the front section of the fender well rather then cutting it like most do. I’m not running a stock gas tank so the rear end can move back without interfering with anything. I have extra material to make another set. Private message me and we can discuss it further

-
Back