Face plated A833 on the street?

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
Anyone have real world experience and what are your thoughts, considering going this route in my 71 Demon transformation...possibly....want to hear from those that intimately know and or have driven one. Car will be mostly street with some limited strip action to start, roughly 600hp 415" with a 4.10 Strange S60, Cal Tracs with D/A shocks on all 4 corners and Wilwoods all the way around. I am willing to tolerate what maybe most others can't or won't as I drive with a spool and 4.88's and a 6600 8' converter in another car with plenty of power and those type things sometimes gets a hard no from the crowd as far as street driven. Thanks in advance

The face plates drive around on the street ok. Take em all day long over proshift rings. Just need to be delebrate with your shifts. Upshift and downshift.

The face plates drive around on the street ok. Take em all day long over proshift rings. Just need to be delebrate with your shifts. Upshift and downshift.
Thank you.....someone mentioned about bringing the RPM up at each shift???

My summer car has a face-plated 4-speed and I drive it a lot. If you want to chat about my experiences send me your phone number.

IMG_20220618_123840.jpg

when you drive those, have to double clutch on up shift, and down shift, have to blip throttle with clutch out to match gear speeds on down shift. i use a jerico, thats how i drive it in pits, no grinding . did same thing with my pro ring mopar trans before that. thing is , i learned driving a 1948 gmc 5 speed truck when i was a teen. just food for thought.

I've been driving my Dart on the street since around 2003 to 2011 with a slick shifted 833 and switched to a faceplated Jerico in 2012 to present. But I have to admit I have had a CDL license since the early 90's, so I was well rehearsed in floating nonsincroed transmissions up and down through the gears.

I've been driving my Dart on the street since around 2003 to 2011 with a slick shifted 833 and switched to a faceplated Jerico in 2012 to present. But I have to admit I have had a CDL license since the early 90's, so I was well rehearsed in floating nonsincroed transmissions up and down through the gears.
Thank you, I spoke on the phone with another member off of here the other night and he was also very helpful sharing his experiences and sharing his insight and suggestions.

-
Back