Facebook Mopar cars and parts only swap meet private group legit?

-

jpl572103

Reaction score
I joined the group with 19k members. Posted looking for B body 833 2.66 ratio. An admin asked for me to message him. He said he had one for $130 and shipping $100 from Colorado. What a deal.

@Dana67Dart was banned from that site for exposing a scam. The scammer was a administrator so I would say unless you can pick it up, don’t do it.

Yeah, that seems like too good of a deal. But what do i know? Do you know anyone in CO that can go pick it up?

Scammers are somehow adding themselves to groups on Facebook and removing the original admins. So I wouldn't trust it.

Yeah, that seems like too good of a deal. But what do i know? Do you know anyone in CO that can go pick it up?
I'm in CO. I would be happy to go pick it up!

The "Admin" I was dealing with was Mike Richard Bradway. I have the complete chat saved.

Right after I exposed him and his ad for parts from a red 67 dart convertible I got bumped from the group.

I made a post about it here on fabo

This is the car he said has been in his garage since 89

https://stat.vin/cars/LP27B72178889

Here is a FB link to a post with some details
A-Body Mopar | Facebook

Last edited:
THIS is why we cannot have nice things..............

Is the 833 2.6 a ball n trunion?

If it feels like a scam 99% of the time it is one

If it feels like a scam 99% of the time it is one
One off my favorite tunes is "in the name of tragedy". Sorry, off topic.

Back on topic though, having a willing guy incognito could have many benefits. I think these walls have ears though and the cats outta the bag.

1720405238563.png

It was definitely a scam. This guy was selling anything you asked for according to his photos. He was only asking $100 to ship 140lb 4 speed from Colorado to VA.

There's a new(er) Facebook scam where the scammer's create a group and use it to scam off of.

Scammers are somehow adding themselves to groups on Facebook and removing the original admins. So I wouldn't trust it.
We have them try it here also
administrator here helped me a few months back guy trying to offer a good deal on a
950 3 barrel he basically cropped an image from internet and used it for item
He was selling , I did a quick check on goggle search and caught it then sent him the video on utube
of a Hippo farting in water and said nice try ( Rag Head )
this site with proven members is the best choice after a swap meet etc.

We have them try it here also
administrator here helped me a few months back guy trying to offer a good deal on a
950 3 barrel he basically cropped an image from internet and used it for item
He was selling , I did a quick check on goggle search and caught it then sent him the video on utube
of a Hippo farting in water and said nice try ( Rag Head )
this site with proven members is the best choice after a swap meet etc.
Only time I personally deal on Facebook is if I can pick parts up in person. I've had nothing but good transactions on fabo. But they do get on here and make fake profiles sometimes. I was kicked off a 1st gen dakota Facebook group because I called a scammer out and one of the admins wanted to argue about it. I usually check Facebook profiles before I deal with anyone. The ones who are using cloned or hacked accounts normally have likes on their posts or pictures from people living in 3rd world countries.

I was removed from the group on FB within 12 hours of joining it. Apparently the moderators didn’t like the questions that I was asking? But there’s still almost 20k members that couldn’t see through their games.

My buddy just picked up 8.75 a body rear end at a local garage sale for 40$. Sometimes there is deals out there to good be true.
IMG_0182.png

Been there done that but it was 2007...rear was $50 with sure-grip 3.55, X heads perfect cond complete $75 ,1971 block 360 with w2 heads $300(had been converted to internal balance and had been tubed for roller cam)....Glory Days..those deals keep me motivated for the next hunt...good luck picking...best sport ever!!!!

-
Back