Factory 1974 360 Magnum

-

The Goat

Reaction score
I’ve been out of this scene for quite some time now and needless to say I’ve lost whatever knowledge I did have. So I come here seeking help I’ve been having a hard time acquiring on the web. I currently own a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport. I believe it’s all original, as I wasn’t given much info when I purchased the vehicle. My ambition for the future are a bit more than what reality is now for the car now. So what I’m seeking is info regarding any sort of upgrade I can do to the cam without having to do much else on the top end. I’d like for the car just to have a nice sound to it. As you can tell, at the moment I’m not looking for an entire plethora of power. It’ll just be a weekend cruiser. No track or drag days in the future. Thanks guys.

BBE89994-9D9E-4D77-8B2F-C8C5C1F5C36D.jpeg

We need more info before we can help you. Auto/manual car? What rear gears? What kind of exhaust, what intake manifold, what’s been done to the motor if anything?

I’ve been out of this scene for quite some time now and needless to say I’ve lost whatever knowledge I did have. So I come here seeking help I’ve been having a hard time acquiring on the web. I currently own a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport. I believe it’s all original, as I wasn’t given much info when I purchased the vehicle. My ambition for the future are a bit more than what reality is now for the car now. So what I’m seeking is info regarding any sort of upgrade I can do to the cam without having to do much else on the top end. I’d like for the car just to have a nice sound to it. As you can tell, at the moment I’m not looking for an entire plethora of power. It’ll just be a weekend cruiser. No track or drag days in the future. Thanks guys.

View attachment 1715510733

A 74 with a raisin bran hood AND a sun roof??? There is a web site just for these sun roof cars. I keep forgetting to join it.

Very cool car.

Welcome, you've come to a good place.
Great looking car too, I have a '75 Sport currently, have previously had a '74 Sport and another '75 Sport, along with several other A bodies.
Lots of knowledgeable folks here can answer most questions you may have.

do a compression test and report
also all the details on carb and exhaust and anything else you know about the vehicle
is this a daily driver? tow vehicle? figure 8 or detruction derby?....... hint hint

I appreciate all the feedback thus far. When I return home I’ll try to gather as much info as possible. Thank you all.

Alright, the carburetor is an Edelbrock 600 sitting on top of the factory intake. It is equipped with 1 3/4 long tube headers. The rear end appears to be 8 1/4 so I’m assuming with standard 3:21 gears. It’s missing the fender tag, therefore I’m unsure of many factory options. A roll bar was installed at some point. It also has what I believe to be the original 4 spd transmission. Someone made a mention about the sunroof and tbh, I thought it was aftermarket due to the fact that there is no crank lever to open or close it. As mentioned, I plan to just drive this vehicle on weekends as I have an 80 mile round trip commute to work. Again, I appreciate all of your help and knowledge.

what is the first 7 of vin? not a factory sunroof. the 74 dart sport could have 3 360s, 2 barrel, 4 barrel, 4 barrel hi po - not magnum.

1974 Dart Sport (2).jpg

-
Back