Factory 383 Pulley Sizes

-

69'Barracuda

Reaction score
Hey all, trying to get my 383 back together but it didn’t come with pulleys, for a factory 69 383 with power steering but no AC, does anyone have part numbers and/or sizes of the pulleys that I need? Do the A body pulleys differ from other pulleys like most other parts? Thanks!

I used this pulley info from the 440 source website when putting my big block together.

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

A body is not unique on pulley fitment, they are interchangeable with B and C bodies (even E bodies).

So any big block single groove water pump pulley and double groove crank pulley will work then?
Yes, nearly any non AC big block water pump pulley will work for your application. The OD for this pulley is 6 7/8”, the height is 2 13/16”.

On the crankshaft pulley, my research shows that small and big blocks shared the same part number. When you are ready to shop check out the small block 2 grove pulley listings as this will give you more options to look at. Just need to pay attention to the offset hole pattern on the six mounting bolts. The offset is easy to overcome with a small grinder or round file.

Yes, nearly any non AC big block water pump pulley will work for your application. The OD for this pulley is 6 7/8”, the height is 2 13/16”.

On the crankshaft pulley, my research shows that small and big blocks shared the same part number. When you are ready to shop check out the small block 2 grove pulley listings as this will give you more options to look at. Just need to pay attention to the offset hole pattern on the six mounting bolts. The offset is easy to overcome with a small grinder or round file.
Sounds great, thanks! Do the SB or BB have the offset hole?

-
Back