Factory A-body Dana Wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your offer would barely buy you a converted truck Dana 60. $1000-$1500 is unrealistic if you are expecting a real a-body, Dana 60 in return.

The previous owner of my car had one...... He sold it for $5800.

The Dana 60s they put in the SS cars are B-body units, Your best bet would be contacting Moser. 1500 isn't gonna get you there.

The Dana 60s they put in the SS cars are B-body units, Your best bet would be contacting Moser. 1500 isn't gonna get you there.

Thanks for the helpful info. So if I buy B-body Dana, it will bolt right on to where the current 8 3/4 is? Do I need to move the spring perches?

Btw, If they use B-body Dana in Super Stock Dart/Cuda, how can you tell the different? Is there casting # on it ?

i didn't even know there was such thing as an A-body dana 60...i think the guys are right about it being a b-body unit. if it was a b-body unit in length but designed to go into an a-body from the factory you probably wouldn't have to move the springs but considering it sounds like they're impossible to find if you get a b-body dana that's designed for a b-body you're gonna have to move the perches in about 1/2" i believe....

It's the same mods needed to put an 8 3/4 from a b body into an a body

I have a DC Dana60 unit for minitubbed cars but your price range isn't close to getting it from me..

Yes the Dana's in the SS cars were B units.

Scott, that's a truck unit most likely, nothing wrong with that. Works the same as the expensive snubber equipped ones. :)

Thanks for the helpful info. So if I buy B-body Dana, it will bolt right on to where the current 8 3/4 is? Do I need to move the spring perches?

Btw, If they use B-body Dana in Super Stock Dart/Cuda, how can you tell the different? Is there casting # on it ?

If you use a B-body Dana you will need to move the perches and set the pinion angle. You will also need to think about wheels w/ the proper offset because of the axle being wider. I have found that wheels that have a newer Mustang offset work well w/ the b-body rearends under a A-body. I'm using a Drag Star that is 8 inches wide w/ a 5 inch offset.

hi,i have two,one is from a dodge truck.it has 4;10 gear,this rear has approx.12,000 miles since the gear set,clutch pack,axel seals,brakes and wheel cylinders where installed.
the other one has mark williams 35 spline axels,5/8 studs w/spacers and nuts,full spool,mark williams,5;13 gear,1350 yoke.willwood disk brakes,ladder bars and diaginal cross link.400.00 for the truck rear,1700.00 for the other,mark
truck rear is reg.width,mark williams one is 49 inch width

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back